Flameless Lab

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Have any of the denture labs here tried going totally flameless? I'd really like to try. I'm so married to my large flame and hot iron tho. (I get digital is flameless, however, thats not what Im asking about here)

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Sorry bud, I'm flameless in the denture department unless you consider a butane torch once in awhile.
Assuming you use heat guns and induction heaters for instruments ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Assuming you use heat guns and induction heaters for instruments ?
Waxiprofi and waxilectric are my go-to instruments. I don't carve much these days with dentures, shlt is hard on the wrists and hands. Using those instruments simplified setups and hardly any carving done, makes it so much quicker and cleaner as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Flamer lol
I have all that stuff packed away for the antiques road show.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
cue the d&$k waving contest.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Appreciate the input folks

C

CanadaDenturist

Reaction score
Have any of the denture labs here tried going totally flameless? I'd really like to try. I'm so married to my large flame and hot iron tho. (I get digital is flameless, however, thats not what Im asking about here)
I'm a denturist, not a lab, but... I haven't used Bunsen burners for about 8 years now. I have a butane torch that I'll use for smoothing out wax and a soldering torch but that's it. Induction heater for instruments and an electric wax pot. No more singed hand or arm hair and I haven't accidentally set any paper on fire since. Also, I sleep better knowing that there isn't the chance that I forgot to turn off my Bunsen burner and have to drive back to the office.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Some sort of laboratory bench mount gas outlet ?
Yah but there has to be a specific name for them . I should know since I ordered them 35 years ago!