First Trios Case

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
So today we had our first Trios case insert.

To kick off we went straight for an abutment...No risk no fun right?
Nobel Active RP

I wasn't overly happy with the model detail but i get my printer next week so hopefully we can fix that ourselves
I didn't use the itero artics because the occlusal plane height changes to fit the analog in the model. So i used a disposable plastic one.
I will post more of the cad tomorrow but wanted to share these photos.
aimg824.imageshack.us_img824_5912_triosabutment4.jpg

aimg829.imageshack.us_img829_6269_triosabutment2.jpg

triosabutment3.jpg

aimg405.imageshack.us_img405_6320_triosabutment1.jpg

I found packing up this job strange. no imp. no solid. no dies. no lab slip. just the invoice the model and the abutment.
The job fitted into a tiny box. maybe i need to invest in some more like this. I'm loving this so far...

The crown went in today perfectly. The dentist was running late so he didnt take photos but the patient was really happy. it was a great introduction for all of us.

Im looking forward to using this workflow a lot more!
aimg824.imageshack.us_img824_5912_triosabutment4.jpg aimg829.imageshack.us_img829_6269_triosabutment2.jpg aimg405.imageshack.us_img405_6320_triosabutment1.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
really cool! What does your die/analog look like?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Have they found a way to assess functional movement with a 4cm piece of model yet? :rolleyes:

Thats kinda important, especially for a crown/bridge thats implant retained.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Labwa-
Nice looking restoration
Nice looking presentation to doctor and patient

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Have they found a way to assess functional movement with a 4cm piece of model yet? :rolleyes:

Thats kinda important, especially for a crown/bridge thats implant retained.

This is one of the points i am making with the dentists - More Data More Data. Its like squirting a quarter of the amount of impression material into a tray and taking the imp.
Its a learning curve for everyone but they're starting to give me more.

In this case i knew i was safe but i spent time checking things out with her function at the shade appointment after i processed the scan. That canine guided most of her lateral and protrusive movements.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
It's Business Box:) I just found the sticker i had laying around that would fit. These usually go on my lab pads.
Ill post more photos of the analog today with some cad photos.
As far as tissue goes it was a breeze. It is better to build the model after the abutment to snap the gingiva to the abutment on the model. I learnt that after i had sent them both away for manufacture.

Last edited:
Z

Zetor

Reaction score
Looks very nice ,
please keep us updated with future cases.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
This is one of the points i am making with the dentists - More Data More Data. Its like squirting a quarter of the amount of impression material into a tray and taking the imp.
Its a learning curve for everyone but they're starting to give me more.

In this case i knew i was safe but i spent time checking things out with her function at the shade appointment after i processed the scan. That canine guided most of her lateral and protrusive movements.

Yeah comes down to cost again, but for some reason docs & cad/cam companies seem to think its OK to throw basic principles out of the window because its cad cam.

Personally i think implant retained work should have full arch models even for one unit due to the importance of clear excursive paths.

Not really sure where the learning curve comes in. Doc needs to take full arch scans and pay for a full SLA model. Its thats simple really.

If the intra oral scanner cant cope with full arch scans properly, then maybe it wasn't the best scanner to get, although ive seen the trios in action and it seems to work fine
on full arches, so no excuse really.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
do you have to pay more for a full arch model?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
like 5 dollars or something extra for full arch so its not a cost issue. I think its more a training issue. Its easy to say Paul but its like going from hand waxing to scanning and cad design and picking it up from day one. There will always be a learning curve.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
What type of model analog are you using? Is there a metal analog in there or not, I can't see.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
yeah stainless analog. ill take a photo and post it.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
finally found some time.
sorry for the delay.

aimageshack.us_a_img41_8075_imag0094n.jpg

aimageshack.us_a_img402_5962_imag0093hl.jpg
aimageshack.us_a_img41_8075_imag0094n.jpg aimageshack.us_a_img402_5962_imag0093hl.jpg

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
What library are you using and who are you getting the model analog from?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
was using core3d....was. I know elos have some too.

Top Bottom