file margin dental wings

V

vito

Reaction score
Good morning to all,
who knows where I can find the file that contains the design margin of the cap?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I have rang the main dealer in the UK for dental wings and he is going to get back to me regarding where the file is stored and what format it is saved in (so fingers crossed). All the best Pete

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Good morning to all,
who knows where I can find the file that contains the design margin of the cap?

Sorry to be a moron. But what is the design margin of the cap? I have a 5series but am not familiar with this term. Just trying to educate myself.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
The guy wants to find the preparation line (margin). On his milling system he needs two files the main body of the coping or bridge and the margin file, without the margin file you can not send the scan data to be milled.
Have you guys ever found it, it should be there seeing as its an open system.

J

jeffryton

Reaction score
I am currently using dental wings. And yes this was a very big issue I encountered with worked the nesting program. It's a pain having to find the margin but I recommend speaking to a support tech and ask them to install a milling strategy that you won't need to tell the computer what the Margin line is and you can skip right thru it. I honestly think that the dental wings design software and their nesting program is horrible. Too many bugs, not easy to design and it takes too long too many steps.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I am with you on DW being v poor Jeff but I think Vito has worked a way around it now. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom