Everyday Case

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I do believe the lighting is twisting things a bit, I'm awaiting for the doc to give his input. The Shade is a B2..

My thoughts are right in line with the input provided. I meant to say #10 than #7..

As for the buccal corridor, Pt.'s right side. I'm not sure if I can bring them in. I was looking at less than 80 degrees with ridge relation..

I said I would post the good and the bad and here ya go! I hope that with us discussing this case from start to finish will help someone. I don't mind one bit for throwing myself and abilities out for everyone to comment on!

(If I hadn't of started this tread, I probably wouldn't have had any trouble. See what happens when share things on real time..LOL popcorn)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I said I would post the good and the bad and here ya go! I hope that with us discussing this case from start to finish will help someone. I don't mind one bit for throwing myself and abilities out for everyone to comment on!

This is great stuff Brian, I totally appreciate what you've done here, it really gets you thinking and gives everyone a chance on commenting. Especially since we have such a huge variety of specialties, it's interesting to see what they see. Thanks again.

yooper886

yooper886

Reaction score
Brian,

I would also choose a smaller tooth for her but I think I would also change it to a softer looking tooth. Those are just a little to bold for my liking.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well, here we go..... I have just been forwarded the pictures and comentary will soon come with the lab slip. I should have the case tomorrow or early Tues.

I said I would post the good with the bad.. I personally think the tooth size should be reduced. Secondly I think she may be open a little.

I will turn #7 out a little, and I feel that the teeth need to be raised a little to follow the smile. Negative spaces could be a little better, however 12 and 13, are really where they need to be as in regards to occlusion.

I'm a little surprised by the results, normally with this client thing hit a little stronger.

Well now it's your turn.. Let me have it!

kel1-1.jpg

kel2-1.jpg

Its impossible to tell if the bite is over opened with these pictures. We can see that she is showing too much teeth at rest.

The plane of occlusion looks pretty good to the lip line, the mid line looks good, the size of the max ant are a bit large but she is definitely showing too much teeth given the pictures. Trying to set this case with perfect class 1 occlusion is what I think is throwing this off as well. I would bring 6,7 10,& 11 more facial and not try to get contact with the remaining natural lower ant. this would flair things out a bit more and add lip support.

Definitely need to raise the plane of occlusion to show less teeth, and as others have stated by closing the bite down and raising the entire plane of occlusion this could be accomplished.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I can't tell about the mid line. Top pic it looks okay bottom pic it looks like its a bit too far to the right. Lines up okay with the nose and chin but not so good wihen you just focus on the lip .

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Damn, I don't believe it? UPS just brought the case in and the lab slips says the following.

This was what the patient was looking for; check bite taken to reaffirm and process to completion. Other than "straighten" #10, which we all have discussed.

The template used to set this case was, pre-op model of interim immediate denture another lab had made. And a bite rim.

I was really looking for a re-set here...

The lower will be a Valplast, anyone know of a solid lab???? I haven't done a Valplast since June of 07...

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
The Dr. probably didn't spend that much time with the try in.
At try in I have the patient bring in a spouse or close friend for a second unbiased opinion for the aesthetics.popcorn

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
The time issue, nah. He is an extremely articulate and thoughtful client.

Looking back over the original lab slip, he stated the patient liked her current immediate denture and she wanted to keep her current mould and tooth size.
I can say that I never received a photo of her current denture.

I'm going to give him a call @ the end of the day and discuss this case.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
The amount of photos you upload to this site is limited. I have to put limits on file sizes because I have to pay for the space we use. You can upload large files to various different sites and link them in your posts (ie Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket). Iam sorry but I have to limit the amount of space each user uses so I stay within my space the server allows. I will make a sticky on this
Travis

if all users can find ten bucks we'll have a great resource here on DLN
Nothing in life is free (so I'm led to believe)
there's much much more than 10bucks worth of info on here so investing has gotta be a good idea.
:)

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
About time

if all users can find ten bucks we'll have a great resource here on DLN
Nothing in life is free (so I'm led to believe)
there's much much more than 10bucks worth of info on here so investing has gotta be a good idea.
:)

I agree. I used to float that idea with the previous lab forum hosted by Will Martin - wished that was still around.
Is it difficult to get Paypal to take 'membership donations'?
LCM