Empress anyone?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive never used it, but this week I received 2 cases requesting Empress. I have the stains, but am curious if anyone has any pointers. One is a single crown replacing an Empress done by a different Dr/lab, and the other case is 3 veneers and a crown. Is some layering needed to make them nice or is FC decent?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I used to do tons, full contour looks decent IMO. With a minimal incisial cutback you can make it even better looking. Edited to add: their porcelain sucks BTW in comparison with other systems.

cut-back_techniqe.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
I used to do tons, full contour looks decent IMO. With a minimal incisial cutback you can make it even better looking. Edited to add: their porcelain sucks BTW in comparison with other systems.

View attachment 29572
Can I use e.max porcelain with it?

A

adl

Reaction score
You could use emax MT ingots,same esthetics but a lot stronger.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You could use emax MT ingots,same esthetics but a lot stronger.
I hope the esthetics aren't the same! I don't like e.max.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We do Empress Esthetic once in awhile. Mostly for veneers or small inlays. Thing about empress is that its only around 100 MPa, you look mean at this stuff and she will break on you. I usually always send a Memo (same for feldspathic) to remind to Doc to be gentle during delivery. It presses at a much higher temp and it uses a different layering/stain as well. Most cut backs are only done on the incisal 1/3's for mamelon and incisal effects. Have to use a wash/neutral paste bake before you start layering. Also, and most importantly, it gets the shade from the prep (very important to get stump shades and use them with this stuff...its pretty translucent).

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
These are 8,9 veneers done for the Drs daughter a few years ago, he requested empress for these, I bought some ingots and a bottle of incisal and layered them minimally. Still have some leftovers obviously, let me know if you want em. Its nice stuff, but use a light hand because you cant be as tough on it as emax.
156004_608468842633055_1098602345121320769_n.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
@Affinity
I just had another generous member offer to send some powders this way.

You guys are awesome.

I would normally have used ZirPress ingots to do something like this, but thy were product specific on the Rx, so Its time to see what Ive been missing.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
@Affinity
I just had another generous member offer to send some powders this way.

You guys are awesome.

I would normally have used ZirPress ingots to do something like this, but thy were product specific on the Rx, so Its time to see what Ive been missing.
I'll be honest...some of my best looking veneers ever done in my career have been with Empress Esthetic. That stuff is gorgeous in the mouth and when you nail the right ingot with the right prep shade. Take some pictures (not black and white either old man) for us :)

Top Bottom