Emax Veneers: Difficult Shade

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Doing 2 Veneers on 7, 10. Darker stumps and not much reduction so we went with a MO ingot (my first time using MO's) Shade was too bright from mid body to incisal. We chose a 1m1 although she is probably a 1m1.5 These arent the best pictures but you can see she has alot of translucency. With her in the chair i played around with the emax stains a bit and got a lot closer but not spot on. I used the incisal 1 and 2 together and it was pretty close.. either one on their own didnt look right at all, patient and doc seemed pleased with it but id like it to be a little closer.

So i am thinking of grinding back the incisal and layering again but im not sure what to use.. I originally had tI1 with some OE1. Another problem is #10 has pretty limited room, i think i only have enough room for .4 or .5 of porcelain.

I dont have many incisal powders, tI1, 2 and 3, bleach and OE1, plus neutral.
She is coming back Wed for delivery then leaving for school after that.

Thanks in advance

ai763.photobucket.com_albums_xx277_desertfox384_Pic2.jpg
ai763.photobucket.com_albums_xx277_desertfox384_Pic1.jpg
ai763.photobucket.com_albums_xx277_desertfox384_pic3.jpg
ai763.photobucket.com_albums_xx277_desertfox384_Pic2.jpg ai763.photobucket.com_albums_xx277_desertfox384_Pic1.jpg ai763.photobucket.com_albums_xx277_desertfox384_pic3.jpg

Last edited:
desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Ok do they work now? I can see them..
BTW these are pre op pics.

Last edited:
L

labmanmike

Reaction score
I never use any of the "O" ingots for veneers at all. Always too bright for me. I prefer the HT and LT ingots. Also trying the new ingots they made recently. I know this doesn't help you right now so work your magic with blue and white stain. Good luck my friend...

P

paulg100

Reaction score
if you need to mask dark stumps and acheive a bright shade then MO is the way to go (there is the limitation with pressables unfortunatly)

Cut it back to the frame. Then stain the frame to the value you want, but use a complex grey stain in the areas you wanna tone down, or where you dont have much room for ceramic.

then build over the top.

That will do the trick ;)

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I hope the final size of the centrals dont end up bigger than the pre op.. yikes

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
patient and doc seemed pleased with it but id like it to be a little closer.

while i share and admire your passion for making restorations that are the best you can produce, if the doc and patient accept them i am moving on to the next case
Are you recieving your normal fee for the 2nd set on this case or are you only getting paid for the 1st set?

Do you have any pics of the 1st set?

Greg Amendola MDT