EMAX FRACTURES HELP!!!!!!!

S

smile4me

Reaction score
we had 2 veneers crack today when they were almost done and one of our friends had 4 veneers crack last week as he was finishing up with his. His are pressed and ours were milled.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
There is something going on with your protocols.

I can do veneers at less than .1 with no cracking

Are u using stones from the recommended list for grinding?

F

futuredentalstudio

Reaction score
:(I used to hardly ever have emax fractures and now for past 2 months i have about 3 or more a week... the emax crowns are not thin so i have no clue why this keep happening! can it be the white expansion i place on the inside of the crown so that it sticks to prongs as it is firing in the oven? plz help!!
Fractures in e.max crowns could be linked to the expansion material used inside the crowns for adhesion during firing, potentially mismatching e.max's thermal properties.

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
had one just the other day- case was all done and then crack
You can sometimes get the crack out by firing it at 880 degrees C. It works about 50% of the time. Also, the value can drop ever so slightly.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
User yes, absolutely, but Chinese Tom and I went round and round...but I do miss getting the best of him in a verbal throwdown ;)
And even disturbed was on this thread. I think most liked to go a few rounds with Tom.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Just where have you been?!?!? Some people start to worry when you've been gone for MONTHS!!!!
“ some “

Donald Trump Pain GIF by The Gregory Brothers

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can sometimes get the crack out by firing it at 880 degrees C. It works about 50% of the time. Also, the value can drop ever so slightly.
And this probably (the 50%) only works with monolithic emax. If you've layered it with emax ceram, you just made glass?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
just like reading job sheets isnt it

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just where have you been?!?!? Some people start to worry when you've been gone for MONTHS!!!!
I’m ok. I appreciate being thought of.
I’ve been doing the usual, deer hunting, waterfowl hunting, a little ice fishing but it was so warm the ice didn’t last long, now I’m starting plants inside and wishing it was spring. My grandson Luca is 6 months-ish. I went to Florida for a few days, I would have looked up 2th but I couldn’t remember Sam’s last name so I didn’t know where to start. Hope you have all been well.
IMG_1573.jpeg

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I’m ok. I appreciate being thought of.
I’ve been doing the usual, deer hunting, waterfowl hunting, a little ice fishing but it was so warm the ice didn’t last long, now I’m starting plants inside and wishing it was spring. My grandson Luca is 6 months-ish. I went to Florida for a few days, I would have looked up 2th but I couldn’t remember Sam’s last name so I didn’t know where to start. Hope you have all been well.
View attachment 44506
Understood, life just get's in the way sometimes. Especially with your oh so cute grandbaby!