E.max stain and glaze on monolitic zirconia crown

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Is there any of you who use the e.max stain to finalize the Fzr. I would to know the temperatures and various parameters that you bake these Stain and Glaze on monolithic zirconia crowns.
Thanks

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Is there any of you who use the e.max stain to finalize the Fzr. I would to know the temperatures and various parameters that you bake these Stain and Glaze on monolithic zirconia crowns.
Thanks

I used the recommended Ivoclar temps, just customized for my furnace. I put the glaze on and raised the temps until I got the finish I was looking for. In my case, instead of the recommended 725 C, My furnace needed 760.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I use Emax stains on FCZ.. 450c start, 60c rise, 6 min dry, 790c final, 1:30 hold... under Vac
I have tried lower emax temps - 725c and wasn't as happy with the results... Hell, Tyler at PDL
burns those FCZs up at 880c.. haha, just kiddin.. I believe a good FCZ glaze temp.(depending on your oven)
is between 790 - 810c

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am using therecommended temretures too . Like e.max it might need two bakes for the desired result .

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Hell, Tyler at PDL
burns those FCZs up at 880c.. haha, just kiddin.. (depending on your oven)

Lol ouch!!! Hey whatever works, our furnaces are 10 to 13 years old and we have to fire hotter for to accommodate for the age! Lol it's like a fine wine they get better with age! Not really it's a pain in the ass!

C

charles007

Reaction score
I like round numbers so I use 780c ..
GC Luste paste will make your FCZ look 100% better than emax stains..........Wieland also makes a kit very similar kit to GC.. The thicker stains is what makes the difference, It makes fcz look like porcelain, the surface finish/texture, rather than a glaze colored piece of zirconia..

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
You never tried to mix the stain e.max 50% with fluo-glaze paste e.max?
become thicker and fluorescent .. not bad.
For now I have not a lot of requests for FCZ, so I did not want to buy other stain dedicated to that kind of material.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
You never tried to mix the stain e.max 50% with fluo-glaze paste e.max?
become thicker and fluorescent .. not bad.
For now I have not a lot of requests for FCZ, so I did not want to buy other stain dedicated to that kind of material.

at2_gstatic_com_images_8a5383dd20cd329be48ab160af96dba8._.jpg
at2_gstatic_com_images_8a5383dd20cd329be48ab160af96dba8._.jpg

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I like round numbers so I use 780c ..
GC Luste paste will make your FCZ look 100% better than emax stains..........Wieland also makes a kit very similar kit to GC.. The thicker stains is what makes the difference, It makes fcz look like porcelain, the surface finish/texture, rather than a glaze colored piece of zirconia..
I like me some GC Lustre Paste too.. ;) it make those FCZs sing

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Any tips with GC lustre paste ? I am struggling with it , trying to follow GC's instructions , with a thick layer , tried with a thin layer , tried with a normal layer , I just can't make it work for me !

The FCZ is somehow treated before staining ? I have heard various opinions , from sandblasting it to grinding it a bit . I just started offering FCZ and trying to make it work for me . Thanks .

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Do a search on YouTube for gc luster paste and watch the three from CAP.
Very informative.
Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C

charles007

Reaction score
Any tips with GC lustre paste ? I am struggling with it , trying to follow GC's instructions , with a thick layer , tried with a thin layer , tried with a normal layer , I just can't make it work for me !

The FCZ is somehow treated before staining ? I have heard various opinions , from sandblasting it to grinding it a bit . I just started offering FCZ and trying to make it work for me . Thanks .

Watch the videos and folow directions... Lighly sandblast,, a little tap, no vac, and fire as directed.
You can dilute any of the shades with the neutral (L-N) to lower the chroma.. If your not seeing an even glaze, the neutal/LN is to thin, or you wiped off with the stain liquids. Always wet your crown using the L-N to see the shades, then procede staining .. is this your problem ? Try mixing the A and B shade to create another shade... I also use the dark brown emax stain in the grooves since the Luste kit doesn't have that shade ..
Check out Caps videos, and check out GC website for videos !

What problems are you having ?

Last edited: