e.max compatibility...

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
We are doing a three unit e.max bridge #11-13 over custom titanium abutments. It's been pressed LTC1 and I will layer just the facial, The patient has a band of blue gray thru the incisal area can I use the Noritake live stain or Creation innova selectively in that area, they have just the right shading? Has anyone tried it?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think innova fires too high for emax. (??)

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
I guess that's part of the unspoken part of the question, how low can they fire...
I'll fire a couple of test runs

I fired the test unit at 780C... the Noritake live stain flashed, the Creation innova was still dull, didn't flash. So I guess i'll fire a thin band of the Noritake before I layer it, unless somebody comes back with a warning.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
When you say the Noritake "flashed", do you mean it had a glazed look? Are you using the CZR ILS Low fusing version? I use that routinely on emax for my internal and external washes and staining. I just use the internal version for both internal and external staining with no problems.

Last edited:
queenp

queenp

Reaction score
yes, so i ended up mixing it with my e.max stains just in the band area i needed and then layered it, it worked out fine. i don't use much creation any more are those innovas for zirconia? can you tell me more about how you use them? I'm always up for improvement

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You bet :) I mix ILS low fusing with my Netural, TOs etc using the ILS liquid so I can see the color I'm shooting for, and use that for washing my emax frames before layering. I always had a hard time in getting the stains to look good just with a brush, so I use the porcelain in with it. It 's like a chroma intense porc. wash for the ging 1/2 to 1/3rd. I then mix it with glaze powder and the ILS liquid if needed for touch up during my glaze. Usually internally, I try to use porcelain powders as much as I can.

In the shade I took below (base shade was a 4M1 with a bit of pink/red),I'll use a body modifier (tab shown) for the off white bands, and use ILS White with a bit of mamalon orange #1 or #2 (to tone it down) either on top of that bake as needed, or as a touch up on the glaze.

IMG_0382%20-%20Copy_zpszzg2mptd.jpg

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You bet :) I mix ILS low fusing with my Netural, TOs etc using the ILS liquid so I can see the color I'm shooting for, and use that for washing my emax frames before layering. I always had a hard time in getting the stains to look good just with a brush, so I use the porcelain in with it. It 's like a chroma intense porc. wash for the ging 1/2 to 1/3rd. I then mix it with glaze powder and the ILS liquid if needed for touch up during my glaze. Usually internally, I try to use porcelain powders as much as I can.

In the shade I took below (base shade was a 4M1 with a bit of pink/red),I'll use a body modifier for the off white bands, and use ILS White with a bit of mamalon orange #1 or #2 (to tone it down) either on top of that bake as needed, or as a touch up on the glaze.

What powder are you using to replicate the plaque?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol :) the patient even said they had a cookie before they came into the Drs office. I asked if it was a chocolate chip cookie so I could give him brown teeth? He got a chuckle out of that one.

queenp

queenp

Reaction score

In the shade I took below (base shade was a 4M1 with a bit of pink/red),I'll use a body modifier (tab shown) for the off white bands, and use ILS White with a bit of mamalon orange #1 or #2 (to tone it down) either on top of that bake as needed, or as a touch up on the glaze.

thank you!!

queenp

queenp

Reaction score

thank you! now i'll be asking for more you know ;-0

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're welcome :) Oh no, what did I get myself into :D

Top Bottom