Want To Buy DWX-51D Calibration Plate

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
interesting, the pins on mine are not hollow.
Huh. Are they press-fit pins, like I was expecting? The spacer-screw thing is a little sloppy, but it's easy to repair/replace them without an arbor press, which is a significant advantage over a conventional dowel pin.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
for sure. mines been an absolute work horse and i want to keep it that way as long as possible
I'm replacing the A + B rotaries on ours right now, actually. The B rotary is a nightmare, the accordion way covers are baffling and need extensive process photographs to put back together correctly, and it turns out there are two models of A-rotary, and they're not interchangeable. If I rebuild this rotary, it's only compatible with 51s and 52DCIs, but not 52Ds, for some bizarre reason.
Probably replace the ballscrews too, as long as this thing is totally disassembled and taking up an entire workbench. X and Y, anyways, the Z is awful enough that I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. Gravity takes care of the backlash anyways.

Once this is all done, the 51 should be happy for another year, year and a half... really don't want to do this again any earlier than that...

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
is very easy to make a manual calibration, I can send you the stl specimen , until you get the calibration plate , and think the manual calibration is more accurate

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Huh. Are they press-fit pins, like I was expecting? The spacer-screw thing is a little sloppy, but it's easy to repair/replace them without an arbor press, which is a significant advantage over a conventional dowel pin.
i would have to go check. as strange as it may sound, we rarely calibrate our 51D. generally it runs well with no issues. used to calibrate every couple weeks like the reseller suggested, but spoke with someone that said to stop doing that and only calibrate when needed. we get absurdly long tool life now, and see no reason to calibrate when its functioning properly.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm replacing the A + B rotaries on ours right now, actually. The B rotary is a nightmare, the accordion way covers are baffling and need extensive process photographs to put back together correctly, and it turns out there are two models of A-rotary, and they're not interchangeable. If I rebuild this rotary, it's only compatible with 51s and 52DCIs, but not 52Ds, for some bizarre reason.
Probably replace the ballscrews too, as long as this thing is totally disassembled and taking up an entire workbench. X and Y, anyways, the Z is awful enough that I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. Gravity takes care of the backlash anyways.

Once this is all done, the 51 should be happy for another year, year and a half... really don't want to do this again any earlier than that...
so were you able to get those parts from Roland or a reseller?
i havent had to replace anything but a spindle in about 8yr :)

K

karlanm

Reaction score
is very easy to make a manual calibration, I can send you the stl specimen , until you get the calibration plate , and think the manual calibration is more accurate
If you could, I was looking through the manuals and couldn't find anything about it. [email protected]