Duplicating Models

M

ModelTech

Reaction score
So I'm curious to know if anyone has experience air cooling their bego wirogel hydrocolloid? I have always put mine in a cold water bath to cool to save time however, bego does not recommend that method. Looking for more consistent fit results on my duplicates not sure if air cooling will help achieve this or not and if its worth the extra time.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
So I'm curious to know if anyone has experience air cooling their bego wirogel hydrocolloid? I have always put mine in a cold water bath to cool to save time however, bego does not recommend that method. Looking for more consistent fit results on my duplicates not sure if air cooling will help achieve this or not and if its worth the extra time.
I've seen that in the instructions too. Never tried it though. We always put them in an ice water bath for 45 minutes, and everything fits the duplicate just like the master. Are you soaking the model in SDS for 10 minutes beforehand?

M

ModelTech

Reaction score
I've seen that in the instructions too. Never tried it though. We always put them in an ice water bath for 45 minutes, and everything fits the duplicate just like the master. Are you soaking the model in SDS for 10 minutes beforehand?
I have used cold water, room temp water and hot water to soak models for 5-10 minutes, never heard of or used SDS. I believe Bego recommended 100degree tap water.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we air cool for 45min, than 30min in the water bath.....

i personally have forgotten about the dupe and let it sit air cooling for 3hr. results are the same IMHO

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I have used cold water, room temp water and hot water to soak models for 5-10 minutes, never heard of or used SDS. I believe Bego recommended 100degree tap water.
When you make slurry, SDS is the clear water that floats to the top.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I’ve used wirogel for years. Soak in hot water 10min, blow off excess, colloid, cool on bench for 10 min, then 25 min in cold water. Never had a problem w this method.

Top Bottom