DTS versamill 5x

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything on the 5x versamill I know that apex milling uses it, I like what it can do from what I've seen on my research, I know the origins machine also can also mill abutments with existing interface (premilled) can anyone shed some light on the machine, in addition has anyone herd of delcam's milling solutions?

Thanks
J

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I have no idea about this mill , but I mill custom abutments every day with my Yenadent ( Origin ) D 40 . No premilled , one-piece abutments rigt out of a Ti disc .

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
don't want the disc want a premilled interface a small cylinder per abutment milling system check it out <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LAMlRFa8g54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Never heard about this machine , since yesterday that I saw it at Origin's website under the name Origin 8000 . I have also thought about premill , but it is much more expensive than what I am doing now , and also requires a modification on my machine which will not come cheap so for now , I am milling the whole abutment , interface included , out of a Titanium disc .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
How much does it cost ?

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
around 90k I contacted yanodent in turkey, they quoted me for your machine, I know you made some modifications to it as far as weight and removal of secondary holder I like that a lot removes the vibration factor, but scott's machine from hass has more interest to me now, have you had problems with your interface, and what does it cost you at per abutment if you don't mind sharing, if you like you can pm me

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Scott's Haas is a very different machine compared to mine . Much more accurate , and much more expensive . Also Scott made it himself . There is not a Haas dental machine from what I know . I am not having any problems with the interface of the abutments .

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
You can mill interfaces with the versa mill. For custom abutments im not sure its worth it though. it takes about an hour-hour and half to mill a really smooth perfect interface. You can bash out 4-6 fcz in that time. the premachines ones are 30 dollars or something. But on implant bridges it will work well. I think the cam will make the difference on this machine. They are working with sum3d and Dentmill.

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
what do you think about the versa mill?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I don't know anything about versa mill unfortunately . My average time for an abutment is 35 to 40 minutes .

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
Dimitris it takes the versa 15 to mill an abutment

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
A premill abutment you mean ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yes this is different from what I am doing , faster and easier .

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
THE CYLINDERS ARE APX 29 USD, THAT IS THE ONLY DRAW-BACK AND THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TO LOAD A CYLINDER AT A TIME, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE IMES 550 AND 750?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Imes mills are really quality machines . And from what I can read here , the support from the U.S. dealers is great . I think a member here , Vazone , has a 550 i . You can ask him . I don't know what solutions imes offers about milling abutments . But regarding to their quality , I don't think you can go wrong with them .

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Scott's Haas is a very different machine compared to mine . Much more accurate , and much more expensive . Also Scott made it himself . There is not a Haas dental machine from what I know . I am not having any problems with the interface of the abutments .

Does Scott's machine even work? That thread seemed to have died a long time ago... popcorn

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
he says that he is milling alloy on it completely retro'd it for dental use

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Imes mills are really quality machines . And from what I can read here , the support from the U.S. dealers is great . I think a member here , Vazone , has a 550 i . You can ask him . I don't know what solutions imes offers about milling abutments . But regarding to their quality , I don't think you can go wrong with them .

do you mean this?

as51.radikal.ru_i133_1301_c6_12c4371c8002.jpg
as51.radikal.ru_i133_1301_c6_12c4371c8002.jpg

Top Bottom