Doctor got a camera. Settings?

user name

user name

Reaction score
One of my accounts has been sending pics with cases, but I discovered that hes shooting on auto. Are the settings the same for all, or specific to the camera? Im using a Nikon D-60, 1/200 shutter, exposure compensation -2, f11. These may not be ideal; please correct me if Im off...but things seem to look decent.
Should he be using the same numbers on his, or can you recommend what he should use. He has a Canon Power Shot G-12.

my apologies...I know settings have been covered a lot here, Im in a bit of a rush and just being lazy.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ill just shoot this over to him.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with G12 settings but can share my DSLR camera's settings. ISO 100/200, exposure 0, f/22 and more, 1/160 and of course a ring flash. And it's also advised to set up custom WB calibration with white sheet of paper for instance. Hope it helps but I'm not sure if it's gonna work with compact digital cam.

M

martintay

Reaction score
You will find F22 - F36 much better for "Depth of field " @ This you will probably have too adjust settings . Most of my shots with D50 / r1-c-1 and 105 micro are ,

All camera image settings to max quality,
F22 - F36 ( F22 for single crown or tooth / F32 ish for full arch- Depth of field focus)
Appature Priority,
Shutter speed is usually 1/60th on AP,
ISO 200 ( 100 would be better - but D50- 200 is max )
r1-c1 Duel flash set too TTL,
Manual Focus,
Exposure Bias -2 too +2 depending on distance and ambient light.

With this I get nice Macro shots , but I`m sure many can give better advice !
If it wasn`t such a pain too upload photos I would post a few intra-oral and static work shots !

Avoid "Auto Settings" - you will not get the correct F number or ISO !

Top Bottom