DLN STUDY GROUP:

C

charles007

Reaction score
I think we should consider having one hour of compliance for CDT's. it can be at the end of a day. if you don't need it we go go drinking.

One hour for Compliance, I'll drink to that... or any other reason to get away and drink ,,,, woops, I mean to study lol

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Rob let me borrow it, and we bent it.

I am trying to find another One Charles.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Too far for people this side of the pond

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Could schedule one around IDS. Some of us will be going..
Good idea
I understand english here because you write it slowly but if we meet there you also have to speak slowly

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy but why don't we talk to each other online?

You know, like through a website or something.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Good idea
I understand english here because you write it slowly but if we meet there you also have to speak slowly

After a few drinks Jorge I speak very slowly. Hiccup............

Dave at Dale

Dave at Dale

Reaction score
Love it. Would be interested and would be happy to host!

Anyone interseted in starting a study group to meet several times a year ? Maybe a left and east coast meeting several times a year, or meet in the middle so the traveling distance want be such a hardship to be away from our labs. We could share ideas on business, techniques, tips, cad/cam, embracing intra-oral scanners, coloring, thoughts on how to survive in this new digital world...etc etc... endless topics... I could easily see this as a 2 day meeting depending on the support and planning. We could rent a large conference room in a hotel with 25-50 + members and the cost would be extremely cheap, and even get CE credits for the weekend should you desire ..
If this sounds like a good idea, share your thoughts in this thread so we can plan this in an open forum ... I will play nice and even invite the dirty denture techs into the study group ... lol
Should anyone want to PM about this idea, please don't, my pm box will fill us fast !! send to my email address at [email protected] I will reply-all to keep everyone in the loop..

Charles

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Would be cool. BTW, anyone going to the AACD Meeting next year in Seattle? If yes, maybe we can arrange a meeting and study group in the same time. I would offer space in my lab or we can meet somewhere where there is food and booze.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Anyone interseted in starting a study group to meet several times a year ? Maybe a left and east coast meeting several times a year, or meet in the middle so the traveling distance want be such a hardship to be away from our labs. We could share ideas on business, techniques, tips, cad/cam, embracing intra-oral scanners, coloring, thoughts on how to survive in this new digital world...etc etc... endless topics... I could easily see this as a 2 day meeting depending on the support and planning. We could rent a large conference room in a hotel with 25-50 + members and the cost would be extremely cheap, and even get CE credits for the weekend should you desire ..
If this sounds like a good idea, share your thoughts in this thread so we can plan this in an open forum ... I will play nice and even invite the dirty denture techs into the study group ... lol
Should anyone want to PM about this idea, please don't, my pm box will fill us fast !! send to my email address at [email protected] I will reply-all to keep everyone in the loop..

Charles

Charles,
I still think you have a great idea. I hope you don't feel like I'm cruising in on you turf. If you already have this in order i'm sorry for interfering.
I think we need a few suckers. I mean, volunteers to step forward and get the ball rolling. If we just keep talking about it, it will never happen.
I think we need four people. two to deal with location, food and entertainment and a couple to deal with the meeting agenda.
So, who wants to be on the start up team for the first DLN study club meeting?
I'll be the the first sucker! If you need me.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Would be cool. BTW, anyone going to the AACD Meeting next year in Seattle? If yes, maybe we can arrange a meeting and study group in the same time. I would offer space in my lab or we can meet somewhere where there is food and booze.

I'll be there !! I'll be presenting for 30 min ..... doin a Member's Pearl talk. James

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
I can speak for CAP. Happy to host part or all of it. We have a meeting room in the facility, holds 20 classroom style if we move out the tables I'm sure we could go to 30-40. Also have a hotel about .2 miles away with a CAP rate. We're about 15 minutes from Boston's Logan airport.
Just some other thoughts. What about Las Vagas (what happens in Vagas stays in Vagas) or having it in Chicago on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday before LMT?
Charles, I think we need a quick survey for the location and date of the first DLN study club.
I'll be happy to contribute. I'm sure we could probably get some of the manufacturers to contribute as well. How about Straumann:)

I'm in for sure if there's a Bruins game on that weekend !!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Charles,
I still think you have a great idea. I hope you don't feel like I'm cruising in on you turf. If you already have this in order i'm sorry for interfering.
I think we need a few suckers. I mean, volunteers to step forward and get the ball rolling. If we just keep talking about it, it will never happen.
I think we need four people. two to deal with location, food and entertainment and a couple to deal with the meeting agenda.
So, who wants to be on the start up team for the first DLN study club meeting?
I'll be the the first sucker! If you need me.

Your right Bob, we need several stand up guys to step up like you....
We could meet for dinner in Chicago in Feb .. Thur. Fri. Sat. to plan the first meeting ? or move forward now to plan out the first study club meeting and location..

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hey Charles,
I'm booked solid in Chicago. Why don't we just start asap.
Just need a little more help.
Bob

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm in for sure if there's a Bruins game on that weekend !!

I'm thinkin' that if we can get Paul and some of the other Brits over here and into a Boston bar, we won't need hockey for entertainment....:)

C

charles007

Reaction score
Bob, your not cruising on my turf at all.., it was just an idea. With the operation you have and the webinars, training video's, etc , your probably the best person to get a study club up and running.. Right now I'm really busy until the first of the year, so I will help out in anyway I can. My breaks for the next two weeks are checking out dln and to potty..