Direct Mail Marketing

I

Ivan

Reaction score
I have been in business since 1984. In those 28 years I have only had to try to get new accounts once. I put on a little seminar and got 3 new accounts one that I still have. Well, times being what they are I need to rustle up a couple new accounts. I've been thinking about Direct Mailings. Does anyone have any thought about frequency, promotional offers, expected ROI ect.?

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
stick with what works....... put on an evening seminar again. Don't do it for free. just enough to cover costs of hotel room and food. Produce a powerpoint of your message. The docotors who show up have just prequalified themselves as being interested in your message. No receptionist to battle through to get an opportunity to speak with doctor. When they show up, you have 2 HOURS !!! to teach them !!! then make them an offer on the first few cases to get the ball rolling.

It's the best way !!

Shaun Keating

Shaun Keating

Reaction score
I have been in business since 1984. In those 28 years I have only had to try to get new accounts once. I put on a little seminar and got 3 new accounts one that I still have. Well, times being what they are I need to rustle up a couple new accounts. I've been thinking about Direct Mailings. Does anyone have any thought about frequency, promotional offers, expected ROI ect.?

I've been in the field since 1984 also....man we're getting old. Direct mail works great if you do it right. It takes several mailings to the same area to get half way decent results. It also works best if you do that along with print ads, dental conventions, in-house seminars, and attending local dental society meetings.....I say that because if they have seen your name some where else....they might not throw away that letter so fast:p Having a customer service dept (or person)that calls on leads.... day in and day out also helps quite a bit. Remember once you get them in the door....cross sell them your other products. On the mailings....send out a letter offering a certain product, or service that you offer @ 50% off...either for a single unit, or maybe up to three units or more. Personally sign every letter in a blue ball point pen.....never have a signature done by the printer. Target the bigger States with more Dentist's for better results. It might cost several grand to get several accounts.....but those several accounts should pay for themselves in a few months of working with you:)

I

Ivan

Reaction score
I've had my own Lab since 84. I've been in the dental field since 73'. I was a dental assistant in the Air Force. While stationed in Italy the only place to take a break was the Lab. That's when I became interested in lab work. And yes I'm Old. Thanks for both of your posts. It is just myself and my wife and son. Have been thinking about postcards. You said letter, is that better than a postcard?

J

jesicaaniston

Reaction score
That would work best with social media marketing :)

**edited**

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom