Diamond D fast cure?

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
as the title states, can you fast cure Diamond D ? I have a call in to their tech support but not sure when they will get back to me. the website doesn't say one way or the other. any diamond d users feel free to jump in with comments,critiques on the product. i know sledgehammer has a fast cure liquid. will it work with D ? thanks in advance for all comments!

D

daimatt

Reaction score
How fast are you talking? I can cure it in a normal water bath in about 2 hours (that method is written on their instructions, 90 mins at 70C and 30 mins at 90C) or in a pressure bath (palamat) in 1 hour and 45 mins.

HTH

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
currently i'm using Fricke Hi-I which i can bench cure for 20 and boil for 30. we do same day dentures and speed is a must.

K

kisvirag

Reaction score
They have the 20 min monomer. It's coming out a little lighter but hey in less than an hour you'r done. You can fast cure it with the regular monomer, too. Keep it at 165 about 1 and 1/2 hour and then boil it another half hour and you are done.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I suggest a 20 minute bench set before placing anything in curing temp water to begin a cure. You may find the color looks better also.

FWIW

Diamond D will soon come in a microwave version for a 14.5 minute cure for those who just cant wait...:rolleyes:

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What about a self cure to match the chroma essence?

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
"Diamond D" heat cure monomer and 20 minute monomer is exactly the same, (look at the MSDS sheets). Use the standard monomer according to the measurements for quick cure and you will be fine.

We always put the cases in the cooker with the water at room temp and slowly bring it to boil. We boil them for 20 minutes. Diamond D instructs you to do this with ALL thick cases. Cases are right every time.

We use exclusively Diamond D acrylic.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I suggest a 20 minute bench set before placing anything in curing temp water to begin a cure. You may find the color looks better also.

FWIW

Diamond D will soon come in a microwave version for a 14.5 minute cure for those who just cant wait...:rolleyes:

Is it going to be more forgiving on microwave temp than 199? !5 minutes seems like a long time.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I dont know about 199.

Diamond D is performing great. Look for a product and technique launch in the near future.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
John-In regard to Chroma Essence shade,
use the heat cure powder with sef cure liquid.
120f @ 20psi, for 20 min

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

Thanks for giving me a shout today at the lab sorry I was out to lunch when you called.

We have tried this technique Tom after our last convo and although we can get it to cure it seems to not have the rich shade that come with heat curring. We don't do much cold cure but every once in a while we have to patch a new denture "God forbid" anyhow I just wish it was a dead on balls match like the preference cold cure to Ivocap preference acrylic.

Anyhow thanks for being a good support person for the company and taking the time to try and help me out.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I agree, self curing liquid tends to dull the shade a bit when mixed with heat cure powder. It has to do with the proprietary modifiers used to attain the impact and flexural strength in the heat cure resin. The repairs, when they come are so far and few its never been an issue.

Ill pass on a link to your comments about my proficiency in technically supporting the product. Its much appreciated.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

FWIW

I've been waiting a long time to give a microwave version a try. But for me it's not about time.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I dont know about 199.

Diamond D is performing great. Look for a product and technique launch in the near future.

Tom, would you mind giving us a heads up when this happens? Maybe right here?

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I've been waiting a long time to give a microwave version a try. But for me it's not about time.

No need to qualify your comment Kenneth, your reputation for quality is always evident...

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
No need to qualify your comment Kenneth, your reputation for quality is always evident...

Wow, thanks Tom. That's means a lot me, because I know you don't sugarcoat what you say.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Wow, thanks Tom. That's means a lot me, because I know you don't sugarcoat what you say.

For those interested in microwave curing Diamond D, the 20 minute monomer has been reformulated to allow for microwaving Diamond D in 14min30 seconds. I am presenting the full technique and nuances in my 2012 lecture Removable Prosthetics: Gaining Momentum featured this coming week in Annaheim at the LMT West.

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

I just bought a quart of the DD 20 min monomer, and after reading your post regarding microwaving, I emailed Kathleen at Keystone to inquire about the microwave procedure. She says no can do. If you are at liberty to say, is this something that is still in development?
Thanks.

EDIT: I have just received another message from Kathleen at Keystone, she now says that you are correct, there is indeed a new microwave procedure for the 20 min monomer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom