Denture technician

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
bump
i get requests for becoming full service on a weekly basis. so far we really havent been able to nail down anyone to join our team here in TN. been running ads for 6 months in multiple states too. heres to hoping someone new sees this thread!!!

Denturetechs

Denturetechs

Reaction score
Wow still no luck? I know there aren't many of us left but that's crazy

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Wow still no luck? I know there aren't many of us left but that's crazy
seriously nothing. its eerie!
and from what ive gathered about the local market....everyone here is dang near retirement age! so there will be a bigger demand for quality dentures here in a few short years. scary that after running ads in multiple states for 6+ months we havent heard a single response. not to mention, there IS a school nearby.....sigh, we will keep plugging away. one day we will integrate into a full service lab! heck, i would love to add ortho appliances too!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Sideshow, I'm on the same boat. Tried for a few years now. Very difficult. I even tried partnering up with a few different Denture labs, but that was disastrous. In order to be a good partner, I had to work for all of their accounts as well it was a nightmare lol.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
such is the business it seems! one day!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Bumping again
We still get asked almost daily to add removables to our lineup.

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
Are you still looking for a good tech ? If so here iam looking to relocate and start a fresh life ! [email protected]

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
Here i am :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes we are still very actively searching! i will shoot you an email today, thank you

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Wow! it's been a year since you started this search! Crazy

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Wow! it's been a year since you started this search! Crazy
insane isn't it? almost zero activity from applicants....not only for a denture tech but for a ceramist/c&b tech or anything! not sure what the deal is with the industry

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
its not the industry, lots of people are looking for work.. but in the city. Not too many people want to relocate and leave their homes to work in a lab theyve never heard of.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
its not the industry, lots of people are looking for work.. but in the city. Not too many people want to relocate and leave their homes to work in a lab theyve never heard of.
there are very few labs that area "heard of" nationwide. big city or otherwise. but thanks for the positivity!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wasnt dissing you, im in a small town too. For me to find someone that is in another lab, they will be driving at least an hour one way to get here, or relocating. Now if I was aurum, another nearby lab in spokane, that has a reputation, and is in a city, im sure they have no problem finding someone. If youve been established for decades, there is job security, if you are a small startup, not too many people might take the risk of relocation.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I wasnt dissing you, im in a small town too. For me to find someone that is in another lab, they will be driving at least an hour one way to get here, or relocating. Now if I was aurum, another nearby lab in spokane, that has a reputation, and is in a city, im sure they have no problem finding someone. If youve been established for decades, there is job security, if you are a small startup, not too many people might take the risk of relocation.
while i am situated in a small town, there are 3 bigger cities within 20-45min drive. and 3 very large cities within 2 hours. based on my limited knowledge of the area and the area labs, i sincerely doubt many feel they have job security. there have been some crazy things going on with labs locally (mostly closing for one reason or another). however, relocating is a viable option and i've spoken to 4 people from out of state so far about relocating. nothing has come of it yet, but its just a numbers game. the more people we can reach, the more likely we are to find the right tech.
it is an exciting time to even be considering hiring in my opinion! so many folks are down on the industry or the economy as a whole....im not living in a bubble, things arent by any means ideal, however they arent as bad as they could be and i prefer to stay optimistic about it all.

Den'ee

Den'ee

Reaction score
There are ppl willing to take that risk!

J

John cho

Reaction score
Any skilled denture techs out there looking to relocate and set up their own gig? shoot me a PM or reply and we can exchange numbers. there may be an excellent opportunity for the right person!
cheers
ssb
Hi
I'm interested
I have experience over 18 years
I'm in California
[email protected]