Denture Technician training

• Thread starter Jon the denture dentist
  • Start date
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
We did purchase a lab scanner and a 3-D printer but I think that the fundamentals are pretty important whether she is doing things the old school way or the digital way. We aren't quite ready to jump into the digital workflow but we'll get there and I think that she will design a better digital denture after she gets a little more wax on her fingers. Thanks for the replies and resources!
Great reply. Without the fundamentals to guide design it's just GIGO

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
John, if you are the dentist in this scenario, if you can express to the tech what is important for YOU clinically, then you can get somewhere. Sending someone off to learn how to make a great denture might not matter if everyone isnt on the same page regarding techniques, occlusal schemes, materials.. etc.. If you know exactly what youre looking for in a final product, youll know where to send her for training... For instance, if you want a press pack cheap denture, you might be wasting your money to send her to ivoclar, which will be pushing only ivobase dentures, using their system, which is fine, if you plan on using that system..

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Ivoclar offers much more than Ivocap training, IMHO they have the best denture setup/waxup course. to this day i still use the template they gave me during the class. Dentsply on the other hand has a great basics course, and they offer chocolate chip cookies and sometimes lunch with the classes (at least they did the last time i went.)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive never been to an ivoclar course, I was speaking generally. I was very close to taking the course in sarasota actually but the timing didnt work out..

A setup is one thing but processing is something else, if you have an idea of what you want, you can find a course that fits.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We have an in-house lab and have a younger lady that has learned quite a bit about removable from our head technician that has formal training. I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a course that will take her understanding to the next level. I am not looking for a weekend course or a two year program. Are there week long courses that you know of that would cover a lot of material for someone that has a year or two of experience under their belt?

Thanks!

Jon
Check out the post directly above this one.

Jon the denture dentist

Jon the denture dentist

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. We have the older ivocap system and do some press pack on our immediate and interim dentures. I was looking into the PTC course in California, that was the only one that came up on google. I will have to look into what they teach as far as a processing system. I will look into the dentsply courses as well. I am hoping to find something on the west coast to send her to. Thanks again for the attention you’ve all given to this inquiry.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. We have the older ivocap system and do some press pack on our immediate and interim dentures. I was looking into the PTC course in California, that was the only one that came up on google. I will have to look into what they teach as far as a processing system. I will look into the dentsply courses as well. I am hoping to find something on the west coast to send her to. Thanks again for the attention you’ve all given to this inquiry.
Never taken PTC, but I've seen their material. They focus on homogeneity as it relates to productivity. You get more standardized results, but if you have someone with good basics under their belt and want them to climb to the next level, you'll need something else.

Jon the denture dentist

Jon the denture dentist

Reaction score
I have been looking online for the Dentsply course and couldn't find any info. Is that something you found out about through the rep or online?