Damaged Dentsply Multimat Touch & Press

J

JohnE

Reaction score
Long ago my spare furnace was dropped by an employee and hasn't worked since. The touch screen is cracked and I always assumed the motherboard was broken. I'm beginning to think it could just be the screen that needs to be fixed. Anyone have any input on this? I don't want to waste money on fixing the screen if the MB needs to be replaced. I have plenty of ovens and I would just wind up selling this one if that's the case.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Long ago my spare furnace was dropped by an employee and hasn't worked since. The touch screen is cracked and I always assumed the motherboard was broken. I'm beginning to think it could just be the screen that needs to be fixed. Anyone have any input on this? I don't want to waste money on fixing the screen if the MB needs to be replaced. I have plenty of ovens and I would just wind up selling this one if that's the case.
You can see if it wakes up at all. The board may have microfractures which would not be visible, or it could look like it got stepped on. If you are good enough with the tools to replace the screen, call Dentsply and ask their tech reps for proof of life indicators.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Additionally, these guys have always been pretty awesome to deal with. Very friendly, very knowledgable. Have helped me before both when they've sold me parts and I needed a bit of a walkthrough and even when I called and they told me what to do to fix something that didn't need parts that I thought it did.
https://garlanddental.com/dental-equipment-repair-service/

J

JohnE

Reaction score
Great thanks for your help! And the furnace does wake up and it gives me the message: Attention: Your furnace has performed 15.000 Lift cycles. Maintenance service recommended. Along with the version number (V1.94) and brand (Dentsply Ceramco & Press). When hooked up to a computer nothing happens. And obviously the touch screen does not work.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Great thanks for your help! And the furnace does wake up and it gives me the message: Attention: Your furnace has performed 15.000 Lift cycles. Maintenance service recommended. Along with the version number (V1.94) and brand (Dentsply Ceramco & Press). When hooked up to a computer nothing happens. And obviously the touch screen does not work.
That's as much help as I can be my friend. Search for the user manual and service manual if you don't have them.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You will need the drivers for the computer to recognize the furnace. I doubt the MB needs replacing. See about finding a touch screen. If you take the touch screen off the furnace you will probably be able to find a model number. It may be possible to find this part from another source then Dentsply to save yourself the ridiculous mark up.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
"Long ago my spare furnace was dropped by an employee and hasn't worked since."

The employee or the furnace?

J

JohnE

Reaction score
You will need the drivers for the computer to recognize the furnace. I doubt the MB needs replacing. See about finding a touch screen. If you take the touch screen off the furnace you will probably be able to find a model number. It may be possible to find this part from another source then Dentsply to save yourself the ridiculous mark up.

Thanks a lot buddy, I'll take your advice!

ShenguL

ShenguL

Reaction score
Did you find the model number for the screen, i found a used multimat touch & press with broken screen and i wonder how much more would it cost me to fix it,
if you can tell me the model number of the screen it will be very appreciated, thank you

user name

user name

Reaction score
Did you find the model number for the screen, i found a used multimat touch & press with broken screen and i wonder how much more would it cost me to fix it,
if you can tell me the model number of the screen it will be very appreciated, thank you
Did you find the oven that @JohnE was going to sell?

ShenguL

ShenguL

Reaction score
Did you find the oven that @JohnE was going to sell?
not his oven but i found one used very cheap the screen is broken and i heard that it can be replaced or the oven can be controlled externally by a tablet or pc
so i was curious if i can repair it

N

nitrous

Reaction score
I know that this is an old thread, but I've got a line on an NTX with a damaged touchscreen (this is for a makerspace)
I've looked around for details on repair of this unit but have come up cold.
Did anyone identify the LCD screen to see if there is a replacement available?
I'd also like to source a service manual, but again no luck.

Thanks folks,
Doug

N

nitrous

Reaction score
ooops, can't seem to edit my post but I found the replacement screen ID

TX14D25VM1BPA
OR
TX14D16VM1CPC

Not cheap but readily available
(still looking for a service manual though)