CRAP! 1 man lab car alternator died. Reduce fees for doc bring and get?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My car's alternator died at McDonalds tonight. It got me home after waiting a while to let the battery rest, but now I don't have a p/u del vehicle till I can get the car Dr to do his thing, or freeze and do it myself while waiting for a call.

I don't want to close all day because of this, but the doc's may (who'm I kidding, will) pitch a fit when I ask them to send someone with and to come get their case. Money's too tight for rent-a-car. I can hoof to the lab, it's about a mile and a half.

Thankfully, there's no cases waiting for delivery for tomorrow.

Would you toss a discount to:
Everyone?
Whiners?
Nobody, suck it up people, I'm still the fastest game around even if you get it tomorrow.
Other??

Argh! Thanks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no. when the situation with the car is sorted, begin offering thank you cards but don't think that this entitles them to some sort of discount if you arent making enough as it is.

show them that they should value you, and if they don't they'll try sending someplace else but temporary setbacks like this should not impact the quality of your work. value your work and your time, because nobody else will if you don't.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
no. when the situation with the car is sorted, begin offering thank you cards but don't think that this entitles them to some sort of discount if you arent making enough as it is.

show them that they should value you, and if they don't they'll try sending someplace else but temporary setbacks like this should not impact the quality of your work. value your work and your time, because nobody else will if you don't.
Yeah, the work would be just as good, just was thinking of hassle factor for them. But I certainly see your point, if they're that fickle, I won't keep them anyway.Thanks. The money's coming in faster, best month so far, but still paying down startup costs.

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
I've turned this around and around in my head and I just don't understand how you ended up where you are so here's all I got for you brother,...I see that you are a Christian
Call your Pastor and tell that fool to put down the fried chicken and get busy doin' what he do before you go upside his head, (I'm assuming of course you are southern baptist)
Seriously though,...I think this is the sort of thing they get paid to do,...isn't it? Do yourself a favor and sit down for a minute after the dust clears and try to figure out how you got into this dilemma and steps yo could take to fix it so it doesn't happen again,....nuttin' but luv,...peace out Wavey

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry, don't follow your story...or maybe your saying you don't have $200.00 +- or so $$ for repair.
Alternators can be replace on the spot in 2-3 hours at most tire/oil changing businesses...wait while they repair....
Get there when they open and your first in line.
With a little luck maybe less than $250.00 depending on the car, or replace yourself if you have the tools and a ride to the closest auto parts store...
Some auto parts stores install alternators and batteries...
In the meantime call your doctors tomorrow morning and tell them your closed until lunch and give your cell # if they need to get in touch...
Good luck

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've turned this around and around in my head and I just don't understand how you ended up where you are so here's all I got for you brother,...I see that you are a Christian
Call your Pastor and tell that fool to put down the fried chicken and get busy doin' what he do before you go upside his head, (I'm assuming of course you are southern baptist)
Seriously though,...I think this is the sort of thing they get paid to do,...isn't it? Do yourself a favor and sit down for a minute after the dust clears and try to figure out how you got into this dilemma and steps yo could take to fix it so it doesn't happen again,....nuttin' but luv,...peace out Wavey
Ha Ha! Dude, not a Southern Baptist. More like 1700's style Presbyterian. Got here as boss split the state to retire and opening my own gig fast as possible was the only option if I wanted to stay in the industry, which I totally love. Less than 6mos. in, my amazing Mrs. can't work from bad health issues and I didn't get much time to plan or budget for this experience with 3weeks warning. Shoestringing and bootstrapping my way up with great work, great customer service and a smile in every delivery bag. Thanks for the laugh! It was much needed. Prices are going up in Jan and that'll help, but it's mainly riding the startup curve with little warning that got me here, that and being too helpful when I see people need help. I've gotta remind myself sometimes it's a buisness,, not a charity. I won't charge if you won't charge will not help if I'm not charging out of buisness. This I know I must change. Thanks!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don't follow your story...or maybe your saying you don't have $200.00 +- or so $$ for repair.
Alternators can be replace on the spot in 2-3 hours at most tire/oil changing businesses...wait while they repair....
Get there when they open and your first in line.
With a little luck maybe less than $250.00 depending on the car, or replace yourself if you have the tools and a ride to the closest auto parts store...
Some auto parts stores install alternators and batteries...
In the meantime call your doctors tomorrow morning and tell them your closed until lunch and give your cell # if they need to get in touch...
Good luck
Charles, sorry for the lack of clarity, the rental car is what I didn't want to do on top of the repair.

I like closed till lunch though. I feel stupid for not thinking of that. I think I'll run with that one. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the stars swimming around my head when Murphy punches. Thank You.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Good luck brother! I bet they won't even blink an eye at the closed til lunch, and if you get a call or two then you still can pull out a late same day service.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well hope everything works out, but eating too much McDonalds wont just kill an alternator.
I don't care for the stuff actually, but the amazing Mrs. loves their pumpkin pies.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
I say buy the alternator and DIY, depending on the car it won't take many tools and they might have a loaner set to help you change it our in the parking lot. Check out Autozone's online repair guides and videos or find the biggest motorhead or mechanic you know and buy him a 12 pack of beer to help you install a new alternator. Most mechanics I know work for beer, just ask what his favorite brand is...Good Luck!
http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairInfoLanding.jsp?intcmp=20130516_repair-help

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Must be a removable lab ? Fixed not necessary to be at their fingertips

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I don't know what your driving, but I can change an alternator in my pickup or my wife's Suburban in like 15 minutes.....
....and I'm no Mr. Goodwrench!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'd just borrow the Suburban from the wife.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Alternator? who needs one, just jump start the b!tch and get it running and don't turn it off

Pffft Luxuries , you can get one of the jump start stations, the one you plug in the wall to do the jumjping too for like 50 bucks :)

Top Bottom