Candulor denture teeth, direct contact thread

• Thread starter Clear Precision Dental
  • Start date
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Ivoclar has another tooth line coming out in July (in select countries). I' will be checking them out as soon as they are available. They are called SR Phonares -NHC (Nano Hybrid Composite). I've also heard (through my grapevine) that Ivoclar acquired Candulor, so this line may be a product of a merger. Sonia, is this factual?
Phonares-NHC.jpg

C

Candulor

Swiss Art of Prosthetics
Reaction score
Composite Denture Teeth

I’m going to take this question for Sonia.
In 1972 the Ivoclar group acquired Candulor. The companies run totally independent and are actually competitors in the market. We share some resources on a corporate level such as R&D and production, but Candulor is unique in that its focus is strictly dentures.
Regarding the Phonares, it is made from a similar material as the Candulor NFC (NanoFilledComposite) tooth lines but the molds are different. Phonares samples were introduced at the 2009 IDS show in Cologne Germany, but a release date has not been set for the US and I would be surprised if it is available before October 2009.
The Candulor NFC lines are available in, a lingualized posterior the (Condyloform II NFC),and the anterior (PhysioStar NFC). If anyone is interested in more information such as price, paper mold guides, or a prospectus please let me know.

Regards,
Ted Smudde
Managing Director
Candulor USA
PhysioStar (2).jpg

Last edited:
Kreyer

Kreyer

Reaction score
Here is a link to the History page on Candulor's website that explains their devotion to complete denture prosthetics as an independent company, which Ted stated in his post about the Candulor /Ivoclar Vivadent relationship.

Candulor Dental -History

Ted,

Would you care to comment on the Preference line of denture teeth.

The perfect tooth for interim removable prosthetics.....

Robert Kreyer CDT

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Ted,

Does Candulor sell direct? Many of us that fabricate dentures are always looking for that "better" tooth that can set our quality apart from the 'run-of-the'mill.' I've liked the Vivodent PE teeth for their realism. What I probably enjoy the most, however, is faxing in my order and receiving it the next day (I am charged $8.00 for overnight shipping) as a standard practice. I usually avoid ordering through a distributor because they only serve to add to the "hassle factor."

I appreciate your Candulor candor. I, for one, am interested in price, paper mold guides and ordering/shipping.

Thanks!

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
CPD,

The one thing that I wish Candulor would do is ramp up their presents here on the east coast.. I have enjoyed what products I have used from them in the past....

I really liked the PhysioSet, however due to shipping cost / time I too use Ivoclar. I find it a nuisance to order and I know this is more than a preconceived mindset on my end.

Last I heard on the new tooth from Ivoclar was mid September..

C

Candulor

Swiss Art of Prosthetics
Reaction score
Preference denture teeth

Hi Robert,
You asked me the other day about the Candulor Preference® line in a personal email that I’m quoting below. Thank you giving me the opportunity to mention it in the forum.

“I think there is a need for an lower line of teeth like the Candulor Preference. These teeth would be used for interim prosthetics such as stayplates, acrylic partials, Diagnostic dentures and Immediate dentures. If there is a possibility of bringing these teeth into the US please let me know.”

Candulor USA just received our first shipment of the Preference® tooth line for distribution in the US market.
The Candulor Preference® line is made from simple PMMA material and is available in select molds from our TCR and Porcelain lines, giving this line the esthetics of a premium tooth without the cost.

Regards,
Ted Smudde
Managing Director

(Attached: Preference pics and lab price list)

Last edited:
C

Candulor

Swiss Art of Prosthetics
Reaction score
CPD,

Yes, Candulor sells direct in the US. If you provide me your mailing address I will be happy to send you an information packet and pricing.

Brian,

We just brought on a Northeast Sales Rep, Frank Munzenmayer. Frank is a certified dental technician and former sales rep for Vident.

Frank Munzenmayer, CDT
Candulor Northeast Sales Manager
818.661.4215 [email protected]

Regarding shipping, I know it is a burden for clients outside of the west coast, and we will come up with a solution in our next budget meeting that will make it more attractive for everyone to purchase Candulor.

Thanks,
Ted

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Ted,

I hope that you did not take my early post as negative, rather than legitimate feedback. Perhaps nuisance was bit strong; should have worded as "user friendly".

I myself and others are looking for away to elevate our end product with the materials used and Candulor definitely can assist.

Candulor being the small company here state side; you guys have a large job in front of you! And if I can support you guys in ways of patronage I definitely will! And I look forward to your growth!

Depending on your budget I would really love to get you guys over here in the fall for the Eastern Conference for a "vendors" booth.... If your interested, please give me a shout! And thank you for the P.M. earlier.

Brian

L

labdude

Reaction score
I merged, moved, and made this thread a sticky. Hope this works out for you guys.
Thanks Ted, thanks Candulor for your info.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I merged, moved, and made this thread a sticky. Hope this works out for you guys.
Thanks Ted, thanks Candulor for your info.

You are a good man, my friend!

C

Candulor

Swiss Art of Prosthetics
Reaction score
Brian,

I appreciate your constructive input.

If you are speaking of the Greater NY Show, I'm not sure. It is not in our 2009budget, so it will take some financial maneuvers. We will look at all options for 2010 including Lab Day East.

Ted

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
The North and South Carolina Show in early Nov... It has grown significantly in the past 7 years.. We out grew one property and moved to a larger venue..

New Page 1

Kreyer

Kreyer

Reaction score
The North and South Carolina Show in early Nov... It has grown significantly in the past 7 years.. We out grew one property and moved to a larger venue..

New Page 1

Brian,

I look forward to being a part of the 2009 Eastern Conference and giving a Keynote Presentation "Evidence Based Technical Removable Prosthodontics" with TG and Vinnie. It will be good to meet you in person and spend some time together.

Rob

C

Candulor

Swiss Art of Prosthetics
Reaction score
Eastern Conference Lab Meeting

Brian,

Thanks for the info on the meeting. We will try to work it into our plans to have a vendor booth.
I assume it is too late to get a speaker on the agenda?

Ted

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Ted, your welcome! As for a speaker slot; I'm not sure? I haven't served on that committee in over a year.. Contact Wanda Hincher @ 336-835-9251

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
oh, oh, can I speak? I got the first slide of my slide show finished:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KGkryHy8A3k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KGkryHy8A3k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Tim, nice try... I do like the music! Is there anyway to upload the power point directly to youtube?

Right now it has a; how would you say?? 16mm quality...

Reminds of this video...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpONQ8h3k4[/YOUTUBE]

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I don't think so...and most slideshow sites don't seem to take animation and music Powerpoints.