Cadent iTero

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We started this digital type of impression/milling about a month and half ago. We've done about 75 crowns/bridges, so far not one remake. Very minor issues with the turnaround time from Cadent, been doing great lately. Other than that, if you hate doing model work and can't get consistency in your lab, I highly suggest this. I wish more of the natural anatomy would come through on the milled models, but overall, it's been a success so far. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes, just thought you'd be interested in knowing it. I know, I know, one of these days I'll get around to posting some pictures, I'm busy, give me a break......lol

B

Brian8

Reaction score
Rob,

I have a couple of questions for you my lab partners and I we are going to purchase the software next month.

What's the cost per model, do you get charged extra if there are multiple dies, and do they charge for shipping?

Brian

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
yes, yes and yes Brian. The extra cost to the doctor's is 25.00, the cost to you is 20.00 for the model. Extra 4.00 for coping and/or full-contour. To be honest, their full contour wax-ups are horrible (we do our own on their models if a Doctor wants it). However, their PFM wax copings are spot on, saves me time, so i request them, even though it's 4.00 extra. At the end of the case, we add an additional charge to the Doctor for the extra cost, which after configuring we don't pay anyone at the lab to do the model work or the wax coping, which made us charge an additional 14.00 for every iTero case we charge to the doctor and we may do away with that charge in time if the remakes keep being 0%. I will tell you some other expenses we didn't know about either was the articulators cost 100.00 each, make sure the guy who trains you gives some and don't send the articulators to the doctors by mistake (lesson learned). I believe the initial set-up cost was around 2,500 which did include a computer with the software installed. Hope this helps Brian, like I said, I was very hesitant at first, but i'm growing at ease with it over time, and love the NO remake factor involved so far. Oh, we do very lightly scrape the contacts, because they're so exact, to ensure a snug fit upon insertion in the mouth.

p.s. multiple dies, i think is an extra 2.00 charge per die....don't quote me on that though, i'll check into that for you, but i think that is the price if their is one.

Last edited:
S

shhpank

Reaction score
@Rob
So are the steps as follows:
1. Dentists preps and scans arch
2. Emails file to your lab
3. you design and email it to Cadent so they can fabricate a cast and appliance.
also i cant find on their site what they actually can do? I so on one thread that someone did some Empress crowns. Do they do conventional full gold crowns and pfm copings? You mentioned wax copings above. what about Emax?

Thanks
Rob
Aesthetic Solution

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Rob, don't let Scott (***) here you saying this. Remember what he said?

Our experience has been fairly similar to yours. It this point, we have processed over ten thousand units and are now taking iTero scans right to finish wothout the models.

Our doctors are still grinding contacts too much, and a couple have had trouble with occlusion, so we are trying to narrow down the parameters in the design stage. When we were doing the pre-market trials for the product, we did 1500 units, as part of the double blind study, and 70% of the time the doctor chose the itero over the analog crown.

Soft tissue and fluid control are still a big problem though. Until the wavefront model is ready, we'll have that to deal with. Are you using the Denar components?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The Lab Guy is correct about the $2 per extra removable die/ section.

I have been using this system for at least 3 years. The only model work I do
now is for large reconstructive cases and implants. WOOHOO!!!!
I have found that this system does have trouble with bridges. i.e. long
edentulous areas. It's been hit or miss with 3 unit bridges, depending
on what can be captured in each photo.
For mounting cases I just pindex and pour a base, then mount to Denar/Hanau etc.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob, don't let Scott (***) here you saying this. Remember what he said?

Our experience has been fairly similar to yours. It this point, we have processed over ten thousand units and are now taking iTero scans right to finish wothout the models.

Our doctors are still grinding contacts too much, and a couple have had trouble with occlusion, so we are trying to narrow down the parameters in the design stage. When we were doing the pre-market trials for the product, we did 1500 units, as part of the double blind study, and 70% of the time the doctor chose the itero over the analog crown.

Soft tissue and fluid control are still a big problem though. Until the wavefront model is ready, we'll have that to deal with. Are you using the Denar components?

I hear ya Mark :p

Mark is right and has done many more of these type of cases than me. I have stopped doing them (notice this thread is 3 years old) because my demand for an aesthetic model was more important to me than doing work with the Cadent crowd. The model has milling marks on it, texture can make or break a case and I couldn't deal with guessing. I did about 600 units on it and that was enough for me, don't do them anymore. Never did have a remake, but cringed when I did anteriors because texture is whatever you felt like putting on it and if any of you know how light refracts, that basically ties your hands behind your back when it comes to doing higher end ceramics. So as I've said before about the cad/cam's, great technology, just not advanced enough to meet my quality.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Whipmix has an adapter that can be used on the Denar and Wideview Hanau, kinda expensive from Zahn, but gives you that solid feedback we're used to; not as much with the little iTero knock knocks. Works great , me likieeee;)

@ Rob

well well hoity toity arent we? What exactly is your "quality" ;);)

I do agree with you when it comes to anteriors. So True.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I talked to the Cadent guy a year or so ago and was told they could slow down the mill and capture more detail in the models. Anybody else heard that?

Jason