CAD,CAM/Is it accurate to make crowns with digatal impressions?

Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
For the topic,Recently many customers asked me about the digatal impressions.Is it accurate to make crowns with digatal impressions?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends on the equipment in question. some systems are good, others are not, and more still are just too hard to use.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
as much as I would like for it to be good, it's just not quite there yet. But I am willing to bet it will be. :)

P

paulg100

Reaction score
chinese dental technician beat machine any day popcorn

Last edited:
Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
depends on the equipment in question. some systems are good, others are not, and more still are just too hard to use.

May I ask you one question please?
If you can choose,do you choose CAD/CAM?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
impossible for CAD to exist independent of CAM. very uneducated question.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
impossible for CAD to exist independent of CAM. very uneducated question.

I don't think that was the question. I think the question was, do you choose cad/cam vs something else?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that is a very hard question to answer without bias - all my training is in computers. i know no other method, i cannot gauge properly if other methods provide better or comparable accuracy. i only know my own skills in cad and cam are adequate for the lab i work for, and that will suffice until a solution arises that can better meet the standards of my employer.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Any restorations going in my mouth would be all hand made, with the exception of a possible lava frame.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Cad /Cam for me, no way would I let a cast item be placed in my mouth, cnc units can provide a fantastic fit on pressed emax from milled wax/pmma, Zr & Ti frameworks and full Zr units. No for me its Cad/Cam. Great question should get a lot of peoples backs up, old school meets new!:D

Tracy-zjk

Tracy-zjk

Reaction score
Cad /Cam for me, no way would I let a cast item be placed in my mouth, cnc units can provide a fantastic fit on pressed emax from milled wax/pmma, Zr & Ti frameworks and full Zr units. No for me its Cad/Cam. Great question should get a lot of peoples backs up, old school meets new!:D

:p

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
For the topic,Recently many customers asked me about the digatal impressions.Is it accurate to make crowns with digatal impressions?

Generally speaking digital impression are far superior to analog. We only have expirience with the Lava COS and Itero. IOS devices eliminate many problems that are very common in analog impressions. Such as; tearing, bubbles, drag, poor tray adhesion, tray movement during impression, flexing of tray. In addition, IOS eliminates setting expansion of die stone and base materials.
Bob

Top Bottom