Bruxzir Staining

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks guys ! I was wondering if I could use my Inline stains . Any thoughts ?

neila

neila

Reaction score
I don't know where you heard this. I was just down there. We use the same liquids they do. Genuine BruxZir liquids in the BruxZir bottles. If they have it private labled for them, it's news to me. We have very consistent results, but we use timers for everything which removes all the variables. It's the most popular product in the history of our company.

You don't mess with success.
I was down there last month because of the coloring and sintering issues. I was told by 2 different people that they use the Zirkon staining liquids it is well known that they have issues with the Bruxzir dipping solutions and they are working on a new formulation. Do you not have issues with your colors after sintering? I agree it is the most popular product we have launched in this lab. We also do everything by the book with timers etc. I just don't get consistent colors with the Bruxzir liquid especially with bridges and pontics. We now hand stain our bridges before sintering and this has been a huge improvement.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Just had this in my in-box this morning. About 10% of our anteriors are now being done with BruxZir. Again, not the best picture, but there is nothing wrong with this case.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_06_14110712.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_09_13181423.jpg

FYI< Glidewell manufactures their own liquid. It is specially PH balanaced to work with the zirconia processing system they developed. They even warn it may not work on OTHER types of zirconia. The cleaning and drying steps are imperative. Inconsistent coloring may be a problem with the vacuum pump, or incomplete drying of the material before shading. I spoke to R&D. As I said, we have no problems on our end.
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_06_14110712.jpg ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_09_13181423.jpg

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That looks really good Mark,are they singles or splinted?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty damn nice Mark.

......but I'll reserve final judgement till Disturbed has had a chance to weigh in.....

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
CAP FZ Zirconia, GC Lustre Pastes :)
IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0116.jpg

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Two different cases?

Same case. Upper and lower singles all redone, over several weeks. Very demanding patient who had lots of suggestions. I thought we'd never see if finished.

neila

neila

Reaction score
Just had this in my in-box this morning. About 10% of our anteriors are now being done with BruxZir. Again, not the best picture, but there is nothing wrong with this case.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_06_14110712.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_09_13181423.jpg

FYI< Glidewell manufactures their own liquid. It is specially PH balanaced to work with the zirconia processing system they developed. They even warn it may not work on OTHER types of zirconia. The cleaning and drying steps are imperative. Inconsistent coloring may be a problem with the vacuum pump, or incomplete drying of the material before shading. I spoke to R&D. As I said, we have no problems on our end.

I was down there last month because of the coloring and sintering issues. I was told by 2 different people that they use the Zirkon staining liquids it is well known that they have issues with the Bruxzir dipping solutions and they are working on a new formulation. Do you not have issues with your colors after sintering? I agree it is the most popular product we have launched in this lab. We also do everything by the book with timers etc. I just don't get consistent colors with the Bruxzir liquid especially with bridges and pontics. We now hand stain our bridges before sintering and this has been a huge improvement.
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_06_14110712.jpg ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_2012_09_13181423.jpg

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Was it all virtual design or you scanned waxup?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Was it all virtual design or you scanned waxup?

That was a virtual design using the latest Glidewell "BruxZir Library, Deep Anatomy 3.0"

My design technicians are former ceramists. The modelwork goes to a scanning station, then the the files are moved to folders for the design technicians. They also inspect the sintered and seated units and sign off on them before glazing. This helps them to tweak their designs as they go. We are down to just a few handpieces in the lab. I want them to come out of the mill ready to go, and the designers are key to getting those results.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Sorry, straight to the interface. No metal inserts. Was milled on the 4A BruxZir mill.

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What implant library? Part of glide wells?

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
I use the zirkon zahn pretue stain for all my full zirc crowns. I mill in diamond zirc,bruxzir,sirona block etc.

neila

neila

Reaction score
I use the zirkon zahn pretue stain for all my full zirc crowns. I mill in diamond zirc,bruxzir,sirona block etc.
Do you have any issues with C shades being too Grey and A shades being a little brown? I am going to try and keep the liquids in a wine cooler to see if that will make it more consistent. The Zirkon liquids should be kept below 25 C

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Do you have any issues with C shades being too Grey and A shades being a little brown? I am going to try and keep the liquids in a wine cooler to see if that will make it more consistent. The Zirkon liquids should be kept below 25 C

We dip our c shades in our d shades. The c shades are way to grey always have been and I just have the new solutions they released. We cut our time on the dipping time from 10min to 5min and we get better results.

For anyone out there I can send y'all a sample of the Bruxzir if interested?