Best Ti base for Zimmer implants?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
But that was more than 1 click. ;) But then again, I can click a little more to save a few hundred dollars.
John's vid is 'one' click? Trust me your finger won't get sore using exocad.:) Neither will your wallet and you wont be trying to come up with work arounds or hope that some software expert posts one when the software is updated.

You can also save any custom shape you come up with for screw channels. If you really want custom shapes, you can make your own 2d CAD drawings and save them in exo for later use or custom work.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have being fabricating my hybrids using Atlantis custom abutments for a few years. I edit their design to shrink the coronal part of the abutment. Once the core file from Atlantis is ready, I can download that file into my 3shape and design the crown with a hole in it using the attachments tool. This restoration has become the standard posterior implant restoration for almost all of my doctors.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
John's vid is 'one' click? Trust me your finger won't get sore using exocad.:) Neither will your wallet and you wont be trying to come up with work arounds or hope that some software expert posts one when the software is updated.

You can also save any custom shape you come up with for screw channels. If you really want custom shapes, you can make your own 2d CAD drawings and save them in exo for later use or custom work.

Hey 2th, you could sell snowballs in Alaska! You da Exocad Man!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I have being fabricating my hybrids using Atlantis custom abutments for a few years. I edit their design to shrink the coronal part of the abutment. Once the core file from Atlantis is ready, I can download that file into my 3shape and design the crown with a hole in it using the attachments tool. This restoration has become the standard posterior implant restoration for almost all of my doctors.

How do you find where the screw hole is on the core file? When I download it into my software (DW),it is closed up. Is there an option in the 3D editor for leaving it visible in the core file?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

This is the reason Atlantis does not get any of my money. Until they have a true open interface which allows me to control everything they will not get any of my money.

Its just silly to have to monkey around this path and they think they are so magnanimous to give me a core file.

Can you tell I am anti Dentsply!!!

They make very nice and consistent quality but having to check a designers work who is not designing a crown first for the abutment is not the best path in my mind. Having to look at their design and then tell them to tweak it is just to much of a pita for me.

Oh and did I mention their inflated price structure?

Ok Back to loving on Nobel :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
This is the reason Atlantis does not get any of my money. Until they have a true open interface which allows me to control everything they will not get any of my money.

Its just silly to have to monkey around this path and they think they are so magnanimous to give me a core file.

They make very nice and consistent quality but having to check a designers work who is not designing a crown first for the abutment is not the best path in my mind. Having to look at their design and then tell them to tweak it is just to much of a pita for me.

It has been explained to me that the designs are done by a software program using standard parameters for all abutments(no humans involved). This doesn't sound custom or patient specific to me.
There really is no forethought in the fabrication process for the crowns either. The edges are sharp on their abutments as well as some of the other implant company designs.
If I don't have control of the designs and especially if I don't have the option to design the crown in proper occlusion and function first, forget it I won't use there services.
Lets not even go into the cost for those abutments. Many other options out there. Stop supporting companies that have been gouging you and me and the industry for years.
Sometimes it may be the path of least resistance, but with a little dental technician ingenuity you can find solutions and often times better.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

As soon as someone else can mill Camlog Ti abutments, I'll be the first to switch, but I haven't found anyone else. Atlantis does a nice job...and they should for the money!
What does Nobel charge to mill Ti abutments and do they accept scans from scanners other than 3 Shape?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
1) Since Zimmer does not offer any Ti bases for CAD design, what is the best alternative? I would prefer a base that is more than just a cylinder with a flat spot for indexing. Zimmer is supposedly releasing a Ti base soon, plus a new conical interface abutment for anteriors. I have a large case with 8 upper and 6 lower implants for a full mouth reconstruction. Not sure if I want to do a copy mill with Zimmer or Nobel B. Possibly design full contour in PMMA and then cut back for a frame to scan?

Suggestions please!

2) Since we have offered Nobel Procera FCZ ASC it seems there is much more demand for screw retained cases. Only problem is the Nobel FCZ Units are more expensive than a custom abutment and some labs are charging less? The Universal bases are less expensive but require cementation. The ASCs are very cool, but I wonder how they are going to hold up in the real world. Also they can have a funky emergence.

You're wanting to do a full mouth provisional, make adjustments, and then rescan as a copy mill for the final restoration in Zr?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Atlantis does use humans to design their abutments, I have been there and seen them working. :)

In order to place the screw hole using core file, I open up the 3D viewer of the case. I orientate the model in the 3D editor so that the view is looking directly down the screw hole. Then I go to my 3Shape and orientate the model in the 3Shape so that is is in the same orientation as the model in the 3D editor. From there I can put the hole pretty close to dead on where it is supposed to be. This process is a little tricky, but I have become quite adept at it.

In the very near future, they will have a custom Ti base. The core file for this product will also allow you to see the screw access hole which will make placing the screw hole accurately elementary.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Interesting, the Dentsply rep that visited us a few months ago told us it was an automated system of design with humans supervising, but not doing the actual designing.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I can help you out if you'd like....just shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
As soon as someone else can mill Camlog Ti abutments, I'll be the first to switch, but I haven't found anyone else. Atlantis does a nice job...and they should for the money!
What does Nobel charge to mill Ti abutments and do they accept scans from scanners other than 3 Shape?
Glidwell.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
S
They only accept the 3 Shape libraries. Also, my docs are using the Flo scanbodies from Atlantis.
Supply them with the scan bodies that you want them to use.

Top Bottom