Best equipment recommendations

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Existing removable lab to put foot into water of crown and bridge by offering Emax press.
In doing research here as to which equipment comes highly recommended, I have come across several postings that are from a few years back. Would it be possible to get more current opinions on your favorite products so as to get it on the owner's desk in the next couple days.
We are going to get an EP5000 for full contour LT ingots with GC lustre paste, but need suggestions for:
1. Handpiece
2. Sandblaster
3. Suction unit
4. Microscope

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
Sorry I don`t get this !?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Kara, Kavo handpiece, sandblaster... get a Renfert quattro basic. Suction Vaniman abrasive-vac. Microscope, swift stereo 80. Vac-u-vestor get an old school Whip-mix. My $.02

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Have to disagree with Kavo for the handpiece , I used to have to get my kavos rebuilt every three months. I switched over to NSK 5 years ago and haven't regretted it, 4 out of the 5 have had no repair work at all since purchase (just clean the chuck as per handbook) the other one I dropped and damaged the chuck.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
NSK handpiece for sure. An inexpensive microscope with decent optics is made by Meiji- I use the model BM at 10X although the short depth of field takes some getting used to. Renfert sandblaster. Suction depends on what you use it for.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you are not so heavy handed Kavos last. Just change the brushes.
I have several K9s and a K5 brushless that has never been rebuilt.
Going on 6 years.(Knock Wood!!)

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
I have used Suction Units & Compressors which mainly developed particularly for the requirements of the imes-icore milling machines. It is is easy to use and operate and controlled automatically.

Attachments

• iVACeco2.jpg
    iVACeco2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 17
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Well well well Kara, Sounds like something awesome is happening for you. :)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
1. Handpiece - I've personally have always like Kavo - minimal vibration - high maintenance and price - but I love the way it feels in my hands and the way it works. Take care of it as you would a gun - and it will never fail you
2. Sandblaster - Renfert Sandblaster as everyone else -
3. Suction unit - Quattro is the goto. CAD/CAM and bench suction we use all Quattros
4. Microscope - I hope you have loupes. In which case, i would get a digital microscope. record and see what you need on a larger screen, and record when you need to so you can send to Dr.

seems like things are working out!!

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Try looking Schick handpiece. I've bought used one years ago, it's a working horse with minimal maintance! After 5 years I still haven't changed bearings because they're still fine. Can't imagine better tool. I would and I will avoid Kavo. Got one, also my friends at their labs, always something. My friend bought a new K5 and it had been repaired like 5 times in the time of 2 times of my Schick's, he also changed once or twice bearings and he bought a new handpiece and he works less then I do. I've repaired my old K9 so many times that next times it's goinig to trash.

About sandblaster, I got my self a new Renfert quattro. They became "cheap" since now the whole body is made out of plastics, in past it was all about metal housing. Foot pedal was replaced after a week due to air leakage. On/off button is half dead. My dealer did not believe me until he tried it. Sometimes you have to press it hard to switch on or off, I guess it's only a matter of time when this will die also. But Renfert has nice noozles. Oh, take at least 3 tanks, one extra for glass pearls. At the moment I don't know what else I would buy myself. I would take a look at some Wassermann or Reitel stuff.

Suction unit for sandblaster? I think renfert compact 3L will do just fine! I have one and no problem so far, just changing filter bags.

Microscope, here can't be helpful because I still haven't bought one. I've seen few labs in Germany using Mantis from Vision. Take a look at visioeng.com!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Presto Aqua II is a great investment. But I think $900ish

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I like the stereo microscope from Mantis/Vision.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
My toggle switch just burnt out on our Whip Mix combo vac-u-vest. Any ideas of local shops that may carry these?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My toggle switch just burnt out on our Whip Mix combo vac-u-vest. Any ideas of local shops that may carry these?
Pretty much any decent hardware store or locally grown electrician supply place.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you are not so heavy handed Kavos last. Just change the brushes.
I have several K9s and a K5 brushless that has never been rebuilt.
Going on 6 years.(Knock Wood!!)
I git an email for this as it's was somehow marked as a watched thread. So I'm updating this post. I sent the K5 in for it's first rebuild at the end of 2017 and when it returned I sent one of the K9's in for rebuild. That's 10 years or there about for the Kavo doubters.

user name

user name

Reaction score
My NSK's are older by far and have never needed repair.

Top Bottom