Best Dental Lab Management Software

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I've recently started using Seazona for our inhouse lab serving ten offices. It's the best bang for the buck in my opinion.
I was gona suggest this one. I didn’t use it but i check them out and it looks pretty simple and easy. The lab i work for might switch to this very soon.

Edit: lol i just saw the posted date

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to incorporate case management software for my lab. It's a small dental laboratory with 5 employees. I need something easy to use & links with QuickBooks. Do you have any recommendations?
What do you finally use or subscribe to?

M

M.Cooper

Reaction score
They never tired to implement it :(
It's hard to get people to change. It's just easier to keep on they way you're doing it than to switch, especially in a chaotic environment like a lab. Sometimes a "We ARE going to change, but I need you to implement it" gets people on board. Have the users come up with a drop dead date on the switch over, what needs to happen in between now and then, and give each step a due date. They need to pretend whatever you're using now is going to become an illegal or unavailable method within x amount of time. Just a suggestion from someone who's had to make those changes at a lab.

M

M.Cooper

Reaction score
Hoping to start this thread back up. We are currently looking for a new software as well. 25 Techs, about 600 cases a month. We are Currently using LabNext by henry schein which is horrible. Would Not recommend! Their Customer Service is horrible.
We are currently looking at Magic Touch, Lab Star, & Seazona. Setting up Demos with all 3.
Keep us posted on your decision. I'm curious about features and pricing.

T

TheITguy

Reaction score
Keep us posted on your decision. I'm curious about features and pricing.
Still have yet to make a decision, I am meeting resistance as well... Not sure why, as they hate our current software Labnext too.
Seazona seems like the best bang for your buck, but it doesn't have anything helpful for combo cases which is a turn off. I did like Evident but they are about 3x-5x more than Seazona. MagicTouch I think is the best but it is way to much $$$ IMO.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Still have yet to make a decision, I am meeting resistance as well... Not sure why, as they hate our current software Labnext too.
Seazona seems like the best bang for your buck, but it doesn't have anything helpful for combo cases which is a turn off. I did like Evident but they are about 3x-5x more than Seazona. MagicTouch I think is the best but it is way to much $$$ IMO.
have you done a demo with LabStar?

T

TheITguy

Reaction score
have you done a demo with LabStar?
I have not done a demo with them; I have watched their demo videos online though, seems good. Do you use Labstar? We'd be at their $500 a month plan 😬 which I feel is expensive, maybe I'm wrong?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have not done a demo with them; I have watched their demo videos online though, seems good. Do you use Labstar? We'd be at their $500 a month plan 😬 which I feel is expensive, maybe I'm wrong?
I have been with labstar for coming up on 9 years and love it. before you make a choice, spend the half an hour at least doing a demo (not just with labstar, but any reputable company!)

D

dustin

Reaction score
As someone who is new to the dental lab space but versed in a handful of software platforms (namely Airtable),I find LabStar to be under whelming. Some of their reporting functionalities are wildly inadequate. For example, when viewing invoices I can sort by Sales Lead. However if I want to export this information, I am taken to a screen where I loose the ability to sort by sales lead. I am only able to filter by date then export by client which is insane. Furthermore I can not add columns to any of their reports despite the fact that this information is within LabStar under client profile.

Another giant pain point for my team occurred when we needed to export a price book....because we can't. We can't even export a template without pricing. Another issue we ran into this past week is the inability to batch delete invoices. We also discovered a bug in their pricebooks. When someone edits pricing for single line, their software updates every single line in the pricebook, making it nearly impossible to track down when pricing adjustments occurred. Lastly, their roadmap, at the moment, only includes a 3shape integration, which I'm sure will be super helpful however I was hoping for some improvements on what I consider to be basic functionality.

With that said, I have yet to demo any of their competitors so I don't know how they stack up. However with all of my experiences I will now be reaching out to other companies that were mentioned in this thread.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Thought I'd pop in with a quick update now with almost a year of experience with Seazona (and unfortunately no experience to compare to)

I have to say I have not been pleased with Seazona. I feel like to cut cost they kept the coding basic to the point that many of its "features" and "reports" and what not are basically useless. A lot of things are far too rudimentary to be able to make setting up a case a simple task. The reason for this being that you have to define too many rules for what options a product can have within places like "product category" but if one product in the category needs a different set of "rules" you would need a whole new category, but then it results in the person responsible for inputting the case having to sift through lots of categories to find the right product, and this is an inefficient task as well. Actually, adding multiple products for one case can be surprisingly annoying for such a simple task.

I feel like they added tons of have baked "features" and "reports" to make the software look more complete, but most of the features are pretty unusable, or require a lot of manual work to make sense of. I still think it can be a good option for some people purely because of the cost, but the cost savings is definitely reflected in the quality of the product

D

dustin

Reaction score
Thought I'd pop in with a quick update now with almost a year of experience with Seazona (and unfortunately no experience to compare to)

I have to say I have not been pleased with Seazona. I feel like to cut cost they kept the coding basic to the point that many of its "features" and "reports" and what not are basically useless. A lot of things are far too rudimentary to be able to make setting up a case a simple task. The reason for this being that you have to define too many rules for what options a product can have within places like "product category" but if one product in the category needs a different set of "rules" you would need a whole new category, but then it results in the person responsible for inputting the case having to sift through lots of categories to find the right product, and this is an inefficient task as well. Actually, adding multiple products for one case can be surprisingly annoying for such a simple task.

I feel like they added tons of have baked "features" and "reports" to make the software look more complete, but most of the features are pretty unusable, or require a lot of manual work to make sense of. I still think it can be a good option for some people purely because of the cost, but the cost savings is definitely reflected in the quality of the product
Appreciate the insights as this will help me drill into + & - of each platform.

R

Ron De Rose

Reaction score

This is Ron with Seazona and very much appreciate the feedback. I've shared it with our team. We've done several releases now since this post. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you still have concerns.