Base stone

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
What is everyone favorite low expansion base stone.

We use a die stone with enough expansion to compensate for the impression expansion but want a stone as close to zero as we can get for the base.

Thanks in advance.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am using dentona zero with great success , and I think GC released one similar ?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use statstone. Fast setting reliable, I am in office and have many same day repairs, trays, ect. I have liked using microstone my whipmix. I have a box of that for my slow set.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use statstone. Fast setting reliable, I am in office and have many same day repairs, trays, ect. I have liked using microstone my whipmix. I have a box of that for my slow set.
My bad totally misread pretty much every company has their own base stone, flowstone of sorts I would try there.

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
FUJIROCK Imp , GC America

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
The last time I check, Mounting Stone was 0.08, just like Type IV.
For my dies, I use the Garreco Excalibur Type IV die stone, FWIW.
LCM

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Time to leave the stone age and print the models .

user name

user name

Reaction score
Match the base expansion to the die stone. Its the only way to have accurate models. I use the same diestone for both.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
American Die Rock from ADDS. Using it for 7 years. Minimal to no expansion.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you are pouring the base stone as soon as you can finish the models to the point that you can base them, you need a stone with the same expansion as the stone as you are using so the same material works well. If you are letting your models dry and expand as necessary before you base them 24hrs or so you want the lowest expansion possible. I just prefer flowstone, it gives a nice top gloss, flows around pins well dries fast and hard. I used resinrock and it has same expansion as their flowstone.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Match the base expansion to the die stone. Its the only way to have accurate models. I use the same diestone for both.

Same concept, just different die stones. The impression is poured up with Whip Mix UltiRock Golden Brown (scanable) and the bases along with the 2nd pour ups, with Modern Material Peach die stone (cheaper than UltiRock). Both are .07% expansion.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...and we all know how accurate physical impressions are.:rolleyes:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol, yes, but eh, we labs do what we can on our end ;)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Same concept, just different die stones. The impression is poured up with Whip Mix UltiRock Golden Brown (scanable) and the bases along with the 2nd pour ups, with Modern Material Peach die stone (cheaper than UltiRock). Both are .07% expansion.
Your solid and master are two different materials? I wouldn't trust it. If you have had no issues keep rolling with it if I aint broke.
My logic is every batch isn't the exact same even within the same material, how could the expansions be the same between two different materials, at least using the same as your master you get as close to the same as possible.

Top Bottom