At last d2000 has arrived but..

Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
20150924_180455.jpg

It failed in calibration.
I should wait another week to get a new one.
What a day..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It won't pass Calibration at all? I had a calibration hick up on my very first try but then went away on the second try. Who did you but it from?

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
That's why we test every scanner we get before sending them to customers. Not to say it happens often but NOTHING is worse then getting your shiny new toy and it doesn't work.

Best of luck!

Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
That's why we test every scanner we get before sending them to customers. Not to say it happens often but NOTHING is worse then getting your shiny new toy and it doesn't work.

Best of luck!

Wont you set up a local branch here?
It took 4hours to find out that this baby is handicapped..

Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
Right! Don't worry your not missing out on anything special cause the scan software isn't fully functional yet and the scanner has a few glitches here and there. LOL
Thank you.
And as you said, I was told that until November it wont be fully functional. And they said if I want to skip bitescan then I should buy additional gear with 1100$..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thank you.
And as you said, I was told that until November it wont be fully functional. And they said if I want to skip bitescan then I should buy additional gear with 1100$..

Occlusion Transfer Calibration Object is 800.00 that is what is used to calibrate articulator plates for articulators that are in the 3Shape software, now there is another tool that is used as well but do you really do a lot of fully adjustable mounted cases?

Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
Occlusion Transfer Calibration Object is 800.00 that is what is used to calibrate articulator plates for articulators that are in the 3Shape software, now there is another tool that is used as well but do you really do a lot of fully adjustable mounted cases?

No not a lot, but I want my DT to be free from mounting casts with plaster or any type of gypsum.
That's why I bought d2000.
As my lab is only for my clinic, it's a little bit hard to hire more than one DT.
But I am thinking of taking another DT on, in case he cannot handle everything.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
These are the tools. The one on the right is what you will need then. you still need to mount the cast together to establish the bite, the use the tool to mount the casts to the plates that will be calibrated, then your bite should align automatically.

3.JPG

You still might have to mounts the casts though. Depending on the size, if it is a 6 unit bridge with plenty of adjacent teeth then some sticky wax should hold the casts together to set them up in the OCC tool.

So your a Dentist with a internal lab? If so then did you or are you planning on getting a Trios?

Jaemin Lee

Jaemin Lee

Reaction score
These are the tools. The one on the right is what you will need then. you still need to mount the cast together to establish the bite, the use the tool to mount the casts to the plates that will be calibrated, then your bite should align automatically.

View attachment 19591

You still might have to mounts the casts though. Depending on the size, if it is a 6 unit bridge with plenty of adjacent teeth then some sticky wax should hold the casts together to set them up in the OCC tool.

So your a Dentist with a internal lab? If so then did you or are you planning on getting a Trios?

Thank you for showing me those accessories, though they look expensive...

I already have a Trios 2, it's been a year since I bought it.
As d2000 has failed to be installed, now my DT and I are learning design with Trios scanned cases.
I regret that I didn't buy CAD with Trios 2, now it looks much more useful than before.

Last edited:
AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
View attachment 19585

It failed in calibration.
I should wait another week to get a new one.
What a day..
Nice.... contemporary high end lab scanner and old school poor mans models in simpleton occludator meat again :D I like this way of thinking...
It is like UNESCO preserving industrial age architecture remains and on the other side you can find a high tech military research complex :)