Artimax vs Wow

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
I think I have a sample of every version of articulators out there. Monotrac seemed Bulky, Mainstay didn't make the cost analysis, Wow didn't either, CBite are just a pain in the ass separating...so for triple trays, Artimax it is and the old method of stone bases for full arches. I actually have some great ideas when it comes articulators, even did some prototypes with my Brother before his passing, so naturally that got placed on the back burner.

Hi TheLabGuy,

In most labs that I visited there has been a collection of different types of articulators. I think most labs don't give those products a good chance. They try one or two and say they don't work. As I mentioned before, they all work and they all have a little learning curve. Like anything else these products take a little time to learn and get use to.

The cbite articulator is a very good product that provides dies with maxium stability and the dies can be removed easily when proper instructions are followed.

At times we have customers call to tell us that it is difficult to remove the dies...we ask them if they have watched the video we provide, the answer is usually no. We ask if they have read instructions...the answer is usually say no. We then ask what expansion stone they are using most say high expansion and the rest usually don't know.

The cbite articulators were designed to be used with low to medium expansion stones.

For best results follow these tips:
1. Read instructions and watch video.
2. Use a low to medium expansion stone. (0.07%-0.13%)
2. Push the dies from the underside instead of pulling from the top.
3. Keep the dies clean, as you should with all other systems.

May be one day we'll see your articulator...it will be an adventure.

Have a great day!

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
I use Wow and the Whip mix, i use more of wow, and again its the way you use it, mine come of very stable, i have been using for long time. Lately because
of cad cam i am using the Vita disposable articulator.

Yes...it's how you use it.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Whip mix has two different quadrant versions pinned and pinless. We are using the pinned.

Anyone one try Mainstay without pins...it would be interesting to hear how it works.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Niether, I prefer cbite or monotrac.

Checked out the Whipmix mainstay, and its a complete ripoff of the cbite sPin articulator.. If I remember correctly, cbite had to stop making these becaue of patent infringement of another tray..

For the record, Cbite did not infringe on any patent. We decided to modify our design for the Spin to better suit the needs of our customers.