Are you labworthy?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Best burger? Small town home grown place.

Ground Angus Sirloin burger with applewood-smoked fresh-cracked-pepper bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar, and mayo.

20170523_222827.jpg 20170523_224331.jpg

Attachments

• 20170523_224328.jpg
    20170523_224328.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20170523_224341.jpg
    20170523_224341.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 5
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Cmon, there are still like 3 techs that post on dental town.

Im predicting a trend, in the same way churches and fast food have mega-sized everything, labs are going the same way. However, I see the large lab trend collapsing on itself for many reasons, mainly quality, consistency because of lack of skilled workforce. Everyone is hiring across the country, but the schools arent training anyone for the job. I know this has been obvious for awhile, but I see the industry trending more towards the 'organic' smaller labs. Keeping it local and rejecting the waste and cost of shipping materials. Meaning, Drs want someone they can talk to who is knowledgeable and trust, not some new manager who used to sell phones. I see them shooting themselves in the foot with new tech that still requires a dental brain to get a good output, not a 18yo assistant that took an online training course.

At least thats my hope for our industry, the small lab has no recourse against the megalabs, unless our culture at large realizes what they are doing.. Which I think they are, the trend is towards a more informed public that cares about what they consume and where it comes from.

The logic is there, but the patient mentality needs to catch up.
" The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten "

...did I get that from one of you guys?

Last edited:
Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Oh my. The Jalapeno Jack from Diggers

o.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well, verifying no rapid transit issues present is an important medical procedure. You might as well enjoy half of it...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Damnit. I feel like you've thrown down the gauntlet and I've got to top that. If I get banned it's on you...
You're such a player. How can you ban yourself Travis?? This site would drunkenly swerve into a ditch if you weren't at the helm.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
can you imagine suing the dentist for a poor review like restaurants do to newspapers and customers.it would be the only site with more universal dislikes than likes.count me in

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
It can play both ways. Dentist bashes lab, lab hires Boris and Natasha's troll company to create 100's of "verified" patient reviews bashing said dentist. Everyone loses except Badenov Industries!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It can play both ways. Dentist bashes lab, lab hires Boris and Natasha's troll company to create 100's of "verified" patient reviews bashing said dentist. Everyone loses except Badenov Industries!
Muttley approves!

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
There is so much hate for labs in the US.
I can't get over the disdain I read from some of the leading drs on Facebook.
YOU SHOULD READ DT! HALF HATE THEIR JOB, THEY MOSTLY HATE LABS.............. WE ARE IDIOTS REMEMBER? THEY ALL BITCH ABOUT GLIDEWELL............ WELL STOP SENDING TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DENTAL SCHOOLS ARE SENDING TO CHINA, SO THEY ALREADY HAVE A MINDSET OF THAT $100.OO CROWN. SEEN SOME GOOD WORK FROM CHINA, BUT COME ON, WHEN ARE THE DOCS GOING TO REALIZE THAT THEIR PATIENT BASE ISN'T CHINA, AND IF HALF THE PATIENTS KNEW THAT WHAT IS IN THEIR MOUTHS CAME FROM THERE, THEY MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, START ASKING WHERE THEIR TEETH CAME FROM.
OF COURSE, TELLING THEM THE TRUTH IS ANOTHER MATTER.

Last edited:
R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Rob,
I was just on DT, and it seems like every day some docs are bitching about lab being sorry asses, and bitching about Glidewell. So, it the lab is so bad, why send to them other than price? I've also seen some crap from China.............. just saying.

we spend a lifetime learning our craft, but some would bitch about it if we even gave it to them

That clear anything up? lol

Top Bottom