Any Thoughts....

B

bigdawg1890

Reaction score
so final solution, texture was much heavier on the uppers than lowers, smoothed out the uppers a little and glazed using glaze paste and white stain, came out with a much higher value than previously had and finally matches the lowers, way i tested it was to put it against a black back drop to try and simulate the backdrop of the mouth.

bigdawg1890

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Final test would be in the mouth. But if you did like discussed in pm, and satisfied; then kudos. Glad to be of assistance.

user name

user name

Reaction score
wadr username I believe he's trying to avoid the translucency issues, and by adding blue only compounds the problem. btw it's a bleached shade so unfortunately its already dead white.

I didnt realize he was trying to avoid transluceny. I thought he was trying to increase the percieved value. Its an eye trick. Like, bright white ceiling paint. It has a touch of blue to give a 'percieved' higher value. Same as launduring whites..add a touch of blueing to make whites brighter. It sounds counter intuitive, but theres a difference between grayness caused by too much translucency, and increasing percieved value by the subtle blues thing. It all gets the cat skinned.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
so to conclude..the problem was caused by a thicker layer of enamel on the uppers? thats how it appears to me.

B

bigdawg1890

Reaction score
Actually paul i think the problem was too heavy texture on the uppers as opposed to the lowers so more light was able to penetrate and make them appear lower value, waiting for intraolar shots from the dr to see if we were able to fix the problem

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Will be very interesting to find out so please do post. Im sure alot of us have had this situation before, i know i have.

Wouldnt have imagined surface texture could create this kinda problem so..