any good? dust collector.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Im looking for a dust collector for model work. small lab, 70 models a month.

Quatro iVac 2.B Compact

SKU 1-0040-0010, 1-0040-0022

$975.00
Select your model
Please chooseiVac 2.B Compact #1-0040-0010iVac 2.B Compact MC2 #1-0040-0022 (+$50.00)
Please choose

Quantity:
Add to Bag

Save this product for later
Favorite
Share this product with your friends
ShareTweetPin it
Quatro iVac 2.B Compact
Store/DUST COLLECTORS
Product Details
Brand: Quatro
The Quatro iVac 2.B Compact dust collector is a self-cleaning dust collector for low to medium usage.
The 2.B Compact can be used with 1-2 stations; 2" x 1.5"⌀ inlet port, 2" x 6' heavy duty hose.
The 2.B Compact mc2 is for use with 1 station and features auto start/stop for handpiece or lathe.
  • Control panel installed on the front face of the unit
  • "AutoFlow" feature; automatically adjusts speed to overcome pressure increases
  • Lower debris tray for easier disposal
  • Medical-grade HEPA filter
  • High-speed motors for efficient debris removal
  • Improved maintenance accessibility; air and electrical connections in the rear
  • Ultra-quiet, 54dBA (at high speed, measured from 6 feet)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Dunno about that one. Cwrtain someine has it and can tell you something.

What I need to make sure of thiugh is that you out an accumulator between the vac and the trimmer. If you don't have one, holler, someone will have a spare.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We have 3 quatro units that are great in the milling room. I would think that they would be the best for model work.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
844B33AF-9519-47C4-BB54-16208656351A.jpegI
I have this one and it works great on a 3 station setup. It automatically adjusts to suction needs when not all are in use.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Im looking for a dust collector for model work. small lab, 70 models a month.

Quatro iVac 2.B Compact

SKU 1-0040-0010, 1-0040-0022

$975.00
Select your model
Please chooseiVac 2.B Compact #1-0040-0010iVac 2.B Compact MC2 #1-0040-0022 (+$50.00)
Please choose

Quantity:
Add to Bag

Save this product for later
Favorite
Share this product with your friends
ShareTweetPin it
Quatro iVac 2.B Compact
Store/DUST COLLECTORS
Product Details
Brand: Quatro
The Quatro iVac 2.B Compact dust collector is a self-cleaning dust collector for low to medium usage.
The 2.B Compact can be used with 1-2 stations; 2" x 1.5"⌀ inlet port, 2" x 6' heavy duty hose.
The 2.B Compact mc2 is for use with 1 station and features auto start/stop for handpiece or lathe.
  • Control panel installed on the front face of the unit
  • "AutoFlow" feature; automatically adjusts speed to overcome pressure increases
  • Lower debris tray for easier disposal
  • Medical-grade HEPA filter
  • High-speed motors for efficient debris removal
  • Improved maintenance accessibility; air and electrical connections in the rear
  • Ultra-quiet, 54dBA (at high speed, measured from 6 feet)
Zubler 4000 for Certain. Have been running now for 5 years, Zero issues. Compact, quiet and super effeicient, hope this helps.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Zubler 4000 for Certain. Have been running now for 5 years, Zero issues. Compact, quiet and super effeicient, hope this helps.
V4000 Model

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Definitely check out the Zubler, have Quatro also now, for mill, will replace that soon with Zubler Pro Cam
Not impressed at all with Quatro, Thier unit is loud, stinks up the lab and the noise...no words. Also bought their "Non Vented Exhausting Hood" You can't begin to imagine the noise genertated ON LOW!!! I'm about pissed off with some stuff about now, just a day, want you to buy whats best and avoid the rest, just sayin.
Sorry but these things really ticked me off. A surprise from such a company, honestly.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I didn’t think the one I have was overly loud once it got going. I purchased it after the Chicago show in ‘18 for the show price and went to their booth in philly ‘18 before I had it running. ( It wasn’t an easy switch from the beast in the basement.) I did want to punch the guy at the booth in face because he was a conceited db.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Talked with Chris at Zubler. They new models coming out if anyone is interested.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I used my vaniman vsix to suck out the zr dust before switching to wet, within 5 seconds the room was hazy white.. if that says anything. A vacuum is only as good as its filter.
f44eca256a74549bbf67898cfbc08871.jpg

S

SDS_SMC

Reaction score
We have both the Vaniman StoneVac Brushless SC and the Ray Foster CDC2 for modelwork. Both are quiet and offer good suction.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Nice! I have 2 of these, from vaniman, they are really expensive, but worth the money. $40 is a steal.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nice! I have 2 of these, from vaniman, they are really expensive, but worth the money. $40 is a steal.

2 of the Vaniman accumulators also, for the metal finish and sandblast blast stations. My Programill suction unit now has (maybe for awhile?) a metal accumulator, as the plastic ones of old used to get a thin area where the zirconia dust would wear a circle as it spun around inside.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Does anybody have any remedies for loud suction. Our machine not only captures all the stone and debris but also doubles as a black hole, its just really loud.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Does anybody have any remedies for loud suction. Our machine not only captures all the stone and debris but also doubles as a black hole, its just really loud.

This is the only thing I’ve heard of to reduce that sucking noise. The link is from one of our sponsors. I have no experience with its effectiveness.