Angled Locator?

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, ( go ahead and comment),does anyone make a locator abutment with a screw and angulation? Working with a pt with existing implants and denture where implants are divergent just enough where the outer lips roll over. I currently trim the outer lips but still replace every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. I know a bar would fix it but she's looking for a less expensive option.

R

richgreen

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, ( go ahead and comment),does anyone make a locator abutment with a screw and angulation? Working with a pt with existing implants and denture where implants are divergent just enough where the outer lips roll over. I currently trim the outer lips but still replace every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. I know a bar would fix it but she's looking for a less expensive option.
thought I saw an angled cap from Implant direct

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have hand made some corrected locators but it may be better to replace the abutments and change them over to ball abutments. you can correct the insertion angle with the cap/attachment. I have done this on cases where the extended range locators did not last long enough.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
15 degrees as standard if you need more make a indiv titanium gingivaformer with welded or srewed locator on top.

B

billydte

Reaction score
implant direct has angled locators or their version of them.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
At OADL today Preat was discussing a new generation Locator that will correct an insane amount (60 degree total).
Sometime after the new year.
Implant Direct no longer offers GPS.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I have hand made some corrected locators but it may be better to replace the abutments and change them over to ball abutments. you can correct the insertion angle with the cap/attachment. I have done this on cases where the extended range locators did not last long enough.
That's the ticket. O-rings tolerate angulation much better.
FWIW mini ERAs have angled correction abutments that are pretty sweet.
For some reason ERA turned into the bastard stepchild. They get the job done.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I can almost pin point when the ERA started to go down hill and it was right after the locator came out :)

I have no proof but it seemed to me that they changed the quality of the Nylon/plastic they used in the attachments shortly after in a vain attempt to sell more parts as well :) I noticed they started to wear out much faster. When making tooth born cases we would utilize the plastic pattern to cast in Type3 gold or High gold ceramic alloy and the ring would also wear out eventually. The locator solved a ton of these issues with their design and officially killed the ERA in the process. The use of a cast too SS or TI attachment solved a ton of issues as well

The micro ERA was a sad attempt to get into the mini implant market and honestly never caught on, the angle corrected version Ken mentioned never seemed to catch on either. The thread timing and cemented abutment component while in theory works perfect its the clinical error that was often what made these things not work. I have seen clients try to eyeball the placement in the mouth rather than take a fixture level impression and send to the lab to arrange and fabricate the cementation to line things up.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I can almost pin point when the ERA started to go down hill and it was right after the locator came out :)

I have no proof but it seemed to me that they changed the quality of the Nylon/plastic they used in the attachments shortly after in a vain attempt to sell more parts as well :) I noticed they started to wear out much faster. When making tooth born cases we would utilize the plastic pattern to cast in Type3 gold or High gold ceramic alloy and the ring would also wear out eventually. The locator solved a ton of these issues with their design and officially killed the ERA in the process. The use of a cast too SS or TI attachment solved a ton of issues as well

The micro ERA was a sad attempt to get into the mini implant market and honestly never caught on, the angle corrected version Ken mentioned never seemed to catch on either. The thread timing and cemented abutment component while in theory works perfect its the clinical error that was often what made these things not work. I have seen clients try to eyeball the placement in the mouth rather than take a fixture level impression and send to the lab to arrange and fabricate the cementation to line things up.
Pity too. I thought the minis were on to something, but I think the market decline was sliding too fast for them to claw back.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I have access to a 15 degree angled locator - FDA approved.
Available for most implant systems. I apologize for not attaching a picture but for some reason I cannot.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
ideal product for the clinicians. Contact your supplier of Bredent materials and ask about Retention.Sil . Perfect for Locators and Balls, and copes well with worn abutments. It is a silicone retention material similar to permanent softliner, comes in 3 different grades, and is simply syringed into a recess in the denture and seated in-situ. Kit comes with a bonder. Very quick set-up time. Patients like it, and it copes with the variation of abutment angles, useful for servicing cases with minis in place. I wouldn't be without this stuff. I tend to use the 600 grade mostly. Its a cheaper solution than exchanging worn abutments too. fwiw.

ter01475

ter01475

Reaction score
The other option is to make a custom abutment with a cast to locator. Only correct the angle of the implants that need correction

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
At OADL today Preat was discussing a new generation Locator that will correct an insane amount (60 degree total).
Sometime after the new year.
Implant Direct no longer offers GPS.
Wow, did not know the quit offering the GPS - for the straight as well as the angled?
LCM

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
ideal product for the clinicians. Contact your supplier of Bredent materials and ask about Retention.Sil . Perfect for Locators and Balls, and copes well with worn abutments. It is a silicone retention material similar to permanent softliner, comes in 3 different grades, and is simply syringed into a recess in the denture and seated in-situ. Kit comes with a bonder. Very quick set-up time. Patients like it, and it copes with the variation of abutment angles, useful for servicing cases with minis in place. I wouldn't be without this stuff. I tend to use the 600 grade mostly. Its a cheaper solution than exchanging worn abutments too. fwiw.
I cannot find anyone to sell me retention.sil am trying xpdent they transferred me to a voicemail because I didn't have a reference number.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Probably because it is not FDA approved for the states. Anything similar out there?

Top Bottom