Anatotemps

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Anyone deal with these? We have a Prosth that uses them. He makes soft tissue models with them. The sulcus it develops is large. The issue we see is the temp rests right on the head of analog. There is a 1.5 mm or more of "no zone" built into all the abutments we see. Whether cast to or digital, the crown cannot start right on the head of implant. The abutments have to start above that area. Digital designing has the built in red zones and avoiding them to allow the abutment to be manufactured can mess with the design. There are large gaps under the abutment as well. We've tried to explain the issues the Anatotemp creates but he still is in love with them. It's like we've gone from just a cylinder to a bomb creater for tissue.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We have a couple of Periodontists who will modify a healing abutment to help form a nice tissue contour during the time the implant integrates. This look to be similar
anatotemp

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Anyone deal with these? We have a Prosth that uses them. He makes soft tissue models with them. The sulcus it develops is large. The issue we see is the temp rests right on the head of analog. There is a 1.5 mm or more of "no zone" built into all the abutments we see. Whether cast to or digital, the crown cannot start right on the head of implant. The abutments have to start above that area. Digital designing has the built in red zones and avoiding them to allow the abutment to be manufactured can mess with the design. There are large gaps under the abutment as well. We've tried to explain the issues the Anatotemp creates but he still is in love with them. It's like we've gone from just a cylinder to a bomb creater for tissue.
Can you take a video of one of these cases in design so you can show the doc the problems these temps are causing?

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I've taken some screen shots. I've never tried a video. Maybe I'll look at that too.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I've taken some screen shots. I've never tried a video. Maybe I'll look at that too.
Ive found short narrated videos texted to doctors work really well to help communicate issues. Especially with what you are experiencing. From what I understand, the anatemp's geometry can't be matched by the abutment design due to milling limitations. This is leading to unsupported tissue around the implant/abutment interface.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Ive found short narrated videos texted to doctors work really well to help communicate issues. Especially with what you are experiencing. From what I understand, the anatemp's geometry can't be matched by the abutment design due to milling limitations. This is leading to unsupported tissue around the implant/abutment interface.
And I suppose the only way to overcome that would be to do UCLA's, at a heavy cost$$.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score

And I suppose the only way to overcome that would be to do UCLA's, at a heavy cost$$.
Yes, we've done that too. The milling limits do force the shape of the abutment creating a giant pocket of tissue under it. I'm not totally against the concept but the Anatotemp manufacturer has missed an important aspect of the product. Simply raising the base of the temp above the head of the implant by 1.5mm would solve the issue. I might ask for an old one to mod and see how it would work.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Yes, we've done that too. The milling limits do force the shape of the abutment creating a giant pocket of tissue under it. I'm not totally against the concept but the Anatotemp manufacturer has missed an important aspect of the product. Simply raising the base of the temp above the head of the implant by 1.5mm would solve the issue. I might ask for an old one to mod and see how it would work.
I went to their site and looked at their product. They have a good idea, but they aren't taking into account how an abutment interfaces with most implants. You can't just come straight off the implant interface.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@KentPWalton Vulcan is a Partner with Anatotemp, do you have any ideas or suggestions on how this could be done on our end using CAD, and if it can be milled on your end?

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
@KentPWalton Vulcan is a Partner with Anatotemp, do you have any ideas or suggestions on how this could be done on our end using CAD, and if it can be milled on your end?

Vulcan has them in the library yes but we do not control any of the design. This is just another scan body representation for us in the library to try to offer as many solutions as we can for customers.

Any design concerns or questions needs to be addressed with Anatotemp. They are the designers and manufacturers of the product.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Vulcan has them in the library yes but we do not control any of the design. This is just another scan body representation for us in the library to try to offer as many solutions as we can for customers.
Any design concerns or questions needs to be addressed with Anatotemp. They are the designers and manufacturers of the product.
Thank you for your reply, Kent, I appreciate it :)

So in other words, it can't be done? That Anatotemp is a bit unrealistic of what can be done on the lab side, with the red out-of-parameters error messages, but it sure looks good in-vivo on the Dr's end ;) :) But it is helpful as far as the next step in who we need to get ahold of. Thanks, again.

Last edited:
Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I think the molar Anatotemps are a touch too big or at least the ones I see are. Don't know if they might have smaller ones.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Bringing this back up. How about the "SC"? Is anyone getting scans with SC's? How are the results? I saw a video saying they don't fit the analogs tight so they might be sloppy on the implant making them inaccurate for final restorations. Anyone see this? How do we get the library for Anatotemp SC?

Top Bottom