America's Best Beaches

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/americasbestbeaches

Had enough of northern winters? Our lab is a short 15 min drive from some of the country's best beaches and we'll be looking for some good people soon that happen to be ceramists and possibly a CAD CAM tech. Dawson - Pankey background doesn't hurt ( the LVI crowd might feel a little lost here ),but a willingness to learn and grow are essential. We have an onsite gym, great restaurants, pubs, and museums within walking distance. Low tax rates, very affordable housing, and a great quality of life also makes the area very appealing. Do your homework now and keep us on your radar.

https://www.facebook.com/4pointsdentaldesigns

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When can I start?

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
You guys need a removables dept (me!).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate!

speedo.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
speedo.jpg
[/QUOTE]
A little man candy for Mrs. galfriday?
Where'd you get the Tom Moore Pic?

Last edited:
R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Unfortunately no removables department, although after having a few Panthera cases come through the lab I wish I did removables on implants.

A few other things to note about the St. Petersburg / Clearwater area:

#5 Best City for Renters: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mhj45ihgi/best-cities-to-rent-no-5-tampa-st-petersburg-fl/
#4 Where Americans are Moving: http://www.forbes.com/pictures/edgl45ejgd/no-4-tampa-st-petersburg-fla/
Great food and arts scene: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbest...mpling-st-petersburgs-new-art-and-food-scene/

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Clearwater used to be a nice place. Too many northeasterners have ruined it. Fastest growing county in FL. Life sucking humidity. But a great opportunity nonetheless.! Good luck.. im surprised you cant find anyone locally..

How do you finish bars without a removables dept??

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Clearwater used to be a nice place. Too many northeasterners have ruined it. Fastest growing county in FL. Life sucking humidity. But a great opportunity nonetheless.! Good luck.. im surprised you cant find anyone locally..

How do you finish bars without a removables dept??

Just finding people isn't the problem, it's finding good people. As you know, Florida has a LOT of "this is the way we've always done it.." labs and lab owners, that crowd passes bad habits on to their employees and I can't spend time fixing bad habits. I'm quite happy spending time teaching those who have an open mind, are willing to learn, and understand the paradigm is shifting, but fixing bad habits is counterproductive.

As far as the bars, I simply take what Panthera sends and pass it along to the removable lab of choice to finish the denture.

You are right that there are great opportunities here; Dawson Center is 6 blocks away, Pankey is a 4-5 hour drive, and Ivoclar's training center is 45 mins south in Sarasota so CE is close by and plentiful. Orlando is less than 90 mins now depending on traffic so any seminars located there are a day trip. BTW, Disney is also a day trip for those considering moving to the area.

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Good luck.. im surprised you cant find anyone locally..

How do you finish bars without a removables dept??[/QUOTE]

The other side of not limiting my search locally is the personality side, I'd rather hire a good person and teach skills instead of a highly skilled but toxic personality. I work hard to create a workplace that people want to come to everyday, situating the lab in downtown St. Pete with an onsite gym and all of the entertainment choices that downtown has to offer isn't by accident. This is a lively and very livable /walkable downtown, right now we have 4 new apartment complexes under construction with each taking up 1/2 to whole city block and 4 new brewpubs and people keep coming. Being able to kayak / boat in Tampa Bay when the rest of the nation is covered in snow is pretty damn cool too! Back to the toxic personality; it only takes one to ruin a workplace ( I did the "research", got that t-shirt ) and I have to make sure that one doesn't come along and ruin it for the rest of us, and most important of all, ruin my investment.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure I follow you about bay area techs having toxic personalities. Sounds a little close minded to me, and I take it a bit personally. I have two techs in mind I wouldve pointed your way.. former in-house ceramists for Dr Strupp. Not sure why you think someone from out of state would be any different..?

As far as americas best beaches.. seeing as how there was a gang-related shooting on Clearwater beach last night, and kids getting trampled on the playground.. im not sure you can make that claim anymore.

Not to add any toxicity to your thread.. haha

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
I'm not sure how or why you chose to interpret / twist it that way, but to each his own.

As far as the shootings on the beach...that's not a subject I'm going to wade into.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
not trying to get you twisted, I just know quite a few great bay area techs that are in need of work. Im sure youll find someone.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think I'll pass on the offer too.

Zero zero is going to buy me out this fall.:D

Top Bottom