Alloy of Choice for All-Metal C & B ???

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
I'm just curious here.

I know that all-metal restorations are going out of style, in the U.S anyway, but when they are prescribed by your clients, what alloy are they requesting? What types are you offering?

Another question I have about the new 2%Au & palladium alloys that are out there now. How does this metal hold up in the mouth? Does it hold it's color and luster or does it oxidize over time? I left the bench 16 years ago, but I've stayed connected and interested...dental technology is in my blood.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
We use Ivoclar's Harmony Hard for our FGC's and Design 91 for PFM's

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Argen 51SF for pfms and bridge work. Ivoclar Aquarius Hard for pfms. Argenco 77 for FGC.

A

a3dl

Reaction score
we use argenco y+ for economy fcc and pd55 for premium fcc

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Aurident QH (56) for FCG

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
I'm just curious here.

I know that all-metal restorations are going out of style, in the U.S anyway, but when they are prescribed by your clients, what alloy are they requesting? What types are you offering?

Last FCG I did they asked for a 50% Au alloy.

JYE from Jensen

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
When I used to do full gold, it was Ivoclar's Maxigold, a 59% AU. For my HN, I use 45SF from Wilkinson (Argen),and for Nobel metal, Stability form Jensen, which is a 77% PD and 2% AU metal. All of these have been very stable tarnish wise, even when using the ceramic metal with the occasional metal occlusion.

C

charles007

Reaction score
FCG, use to use Midi gold 50 and Argenco Y+, recently switched to Ivoclar's new Harmony 2. Its 2% gold, with better color than Y+, doesn't have the rose color that Y+ has...
Silver colored FC, Argens WLF.. Both Harmony 2 and WLF are Noble Type 3 alloys and trouble free..

A

AL1

Reaction score
Euro for pfc y+ for gold crowns Argen.

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies everybody! Keep 'em coming.

jthacke3

jthacke3

Reaction score
We have a 3Shape scanner and upload online scans to Argen Digital. They give us cast crowns in Argenco 46. We polish and ship. Love it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Full cast yellow JCB ( or JC if they're picky about au %)
Full cast white Jpw or superior

Pfm- JPW(Au),Superior(Pd &Ag) for white
Pfm yellow Classic IV or Endurance for yelow
All from Jensen

No reported issues on Pd/ag blends. Been using it for ~ 2yrs now. We've one dr who really like white full cast for some reason. We're guessing he has pts that have mtl occlusion he's trying to match.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Jensen JRVT or JIV for full cast. ClassicIV, Endurance, or JP1 for ceramics.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Oh forgot to say that we used Endrance for the few times somebody wanted a FC bridge w/ more than a standard 3 unit 1 pontic between 2 abutments. It has a higher strength and we seem to have a high degree of bruxism around here.

Top Bottom