Aftermarket Zirconia Blanks

TMNT120

TMNT120

Reaction score
What are the best companies for aftermarket zirconia blanks? We tried a few small manufacturers for 98mm disks but the quality just wasn't there shrinkage factors were way off.. I've gotten a lot of brochures and such but numbers mean one thing... I want the opinions of DLN members

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
what do you think about Dental Direct from Germany ?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
what do you think about Dental Direct from Germany ?

We have used them and its really nice Zr and shrinkage is spot on, never used it in disk form from them, but would recomend Metoxit as well. All the best Pete :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What are the best companies for aftermarket zirconia blanks? We tried a few small manufacturers for 98mm disks but the quality just wasn't there shrinkage factors were way off.. I've gotten a lot of brochures and such but numbers mean one thing... I want the opinions of DLN members

I haven't found that. I have thought that many times...but it usually ends up our fault.

What CAM and mill are you using?

Can I send you a disk to try? I have a new material that I bet looks better than anything you have seen yet, and cheaper.

We have tried a couple hundred disks and have not had any issues.

Interested?

Scott

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Do you just do Disks Scott or do you do Everest blanks as well? pete

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
im interested to know what it is scott....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot what a real Everest Blank is again.

Can you remind me?

I made my own fixtures, remember.

My Kavo is now a Dry-mill this week! LOL

It is 5x faster at cutting Zirconia.

I doubt I will ever try wet-milling Zirconia ever again.

It pretty much sucks. Very very slow. End result is shiny and pretty, but just does not make sense for my business. Oh well. It was a fun experience.

I pulled out the pump unit and added a Vaniman Stone-Vac II brushless...I took apart the mill and sealed up many things....managed the new negative air pressure in the chamber. on and on.

Very happy with the end results. I think I am done playing with the Kavo now. It ended up just like a Lava mill. I actually may add a Fisher PRecise spindle to it and elinate the five axis. Go back to Four axis only.

Crazy, huh?

Scott

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I forgot what a real Everest Blank is again.

Can you remind me?

I made my own fixtures, remember.

My Kavo is now a Dry-mill this week! LOL

It is 5x faster at cutting Zirconia.

I doubt I will ever try wet-milling Zirconia ever again.

It pretty much sucks. Very very slow. End result is shiny and pretty, but just does not make sense for my business. Oh well. It was a fun experience.

I pulled out the pump unit and added a Vaniman Stone-Vac II brushless...I took apart the mill and sealed up many things....managed the new negative air pressure in the chamber. on and on.

Very happy with the end results. I think I am done playing with the Kavo now. It ended up just like a Lava mill. I actually may add a Fisher PRecise spindle to it and elinate the five axis. Go back to Four axis only.

Crazy, huh?

Scott

Your a bad lad Lol, if you can mill 5x faster then why mess with the pump! Why not keep the 5x speed and the coolant? Anyway are do you still think that Sum3d is a good cam for the system as I want to mill Ti abutments with it and are you still coming to the UK.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
I haven't found that. I have thought that many times...but it usually ends up our fault.

I have a new material that I bet looks better than anything you have seen yet, and cheaper.

Interested?

Scott

Yes! how much it? and who is manufacturer ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
No need for coolant anymore.

I rolled the pump into closet.

Kavo is now Three (+1) axis Dry Zirconia mill.

Just like most all Zirconia mills.

I need a REAL Wet mill for 5axis bars and abutments.

Maybe the KaVo could work, but really something bigger and more beefy should be used for what I have planned?

I have too many limits with the Kavo.

I still love the SUM3D for the purpose of Zirconia only with the KaVo.
Works like a charm!

With Titanium, and the need for multiple tools...the KaVo is just not smooth enough for us at the moment. Maybe it will change soon?
Still a work in progress....

Last edited:
Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
I need a REAL Wet mill for 5axis bars and abutments.

Maybe the KaVo could work, but really something bigger and more beefy should be used for what I have planned?

I have too many limits with the Kavo.

Yes, i have it, in my lab - imes-icore 550i with weight 750 kg! we brake wall to insert it in lab....

O

omarbhan

Reaction score
How about the Upcera dental. That is very good zirkonium for Everest system,Zirkonzahn hand mill system and Sirona system.They have 98mm blanks. Finally, the price is good

Regards
Omar

O

onesourcedental

Reaction score
The Dental Direct material is a good material for standard milling, however they really do not have a good High Translucency material.

R

RMMS101

Reaction score
Scott

Would like to chat with you about long life tooling for milling of Zirconia. Please let me know if you would be interested in discussing.

Regards

Sierra Dental

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Scott

Would like to chat with you about long life tooling for milling of Zirconia. Please let me know if you would be interested in discussing.

Regards

Sierra Dental

1-877-285-Lava

Last edited: