Acetal Partial Frameworks

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
Is anyone making Acetal Partial Frameworks? If so how is the market for them?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Just part of the mix, Chrome is still most common, Some mix clear frames have started being requested. The acetal seems more with snap-on type treatment here. like for LVI pretreatment (prior to full mouth reconstruction.) Duracetal is so strong I do have 2 experimental all on 4 cases out right now.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
we just did one, very rare though i think.. its an option i guess but the machine is expensive, at least the one ive seen..

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
You can use any valplast system, lots of copies now, I have the Myerson flexipres so I can do pretty much any nylon or acetal material Myerson Duracetal or Flexite and it is automatic. but here is one I saw and saved into my dental education folder. about using the conversion kit.

Kris s has mentioned in other threads that some of the furnaces suck at temp regulation so I would use a Infrared Thermometer With Laser Targeting, Non-Contact to insure you don't boil the acetal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We do some and have not had any problems with the material. There is just no marketing from the manufacturer to drive the product. I do not use my marketing money to dive a product without some help on brand recognition.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
About like everyone else we've done several but there a very small percentage of the cases we do. Have had good results just no product awareness. Most cases we have done have come by my recommendation for the situation.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We do some and have not had any problems with the material. There is just no marketing from the manufacturer to drive the product. I do not use my marketing money to dive a product without some help on brand recognition.

Agreed Tom, As much as I love Myersons DuraFlex & DurAcetal I've been really disappointed at there Marketing to push the material. They could really learn a lot from TCS in that department.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Have you noticed that when it was CDM they pushed, but when Myerson picked them up it just dropped flat?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Have you noticed that when it was CDM they pushed, but when Myerson picked them up it just dropped flat?

If it wasn't for the marketing efforts of some of the bigger labs in my area that have picked up and started doing DuraFlex I probably wouldn't have a chance at selling them.

It's going to take a lot of marketing effort to break the Valplast voodoo around here.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Same here with the valplast voodoo. Very happy accounts with the few duraflex that I have done.

Duracetal is the same. I've done a few nesbits with great results but I have to be very persuasive to get them to try it.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
You don't. But if you do it right...you shouldn't have to. That stuff is really tough to break. If the patient breaks it they were probably trying to.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I agree Nichole but if you have the Hot shot you can replace a broken clasp. Most of the Duracetal partials I have done I have done as hybrid where I put in a saddle with acrylic to hold the teeth allowing the saddle area to be relined, and in that case a metal clasp could be added if the patient wants to keep playing with it. The only thing that I have found to be broken is the clasp.
off topic send some pictures of your new processing area.

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
You can repair the major connector if it snaps (rare) with the hot shot as well.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Will it stick or do you have to create mechanical retention? If you can repair with the hit shot....why can't you with the flexpress?

AJ I'll post some pics if the new room sometime this week when it's finished.

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
Has anyone used the tissue shade DuraCetal for a framework yet?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I've used the tissue shade Duraflex, I\ll have to try the tissue shade duracedal, the duraflex is really nice color. Nicest color of any flex I have seen,almost matches my PMMA.

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
I just received the P1 DuraCetal shade today. I will make a test partial to see how it looks

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
The P1 is ok but not for clasps. It's to opaque for clasps but good for a major connector. When repairing you need to make sure the material is hot enough for it to melt to the partial being repaired. With the flexpress its not as consistant as the hot shot. With the hot shot the melted material goes directly on the partial and that is why the material welds so well.