Abutment platform identification needed!

B

BDLab

Reaction score
Afternoon all, have been reading the forum for a few days now after discovering you guys. There is so much information on here it's a great we dont have anything this side of the pond as of yet! :D i will introduce myself in the newbie section soon.

Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on this for us, as we are a bit stumped with this one.

the internals are 3.5mm and the external dimension is 6mm.

It was fitted about 12 years ago and the Dentist (Dr) has no idea on the brand etc

ai76.photobucket.com_albums_j28_choodhoody_Implant_zps0f70d020.jpg

ai76.photobucket.com_albums_j28_choodhoody_Implant2_zpsd002c3f0.jpg
ai76.photobucket.com_albums_j28_choodhoody_Implant_zps0f70d020.jpg ai76.photobucket.com_albums_j28_choodhoody_Implant2_zpsd002c3f0.jpg

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Paging Jo Chen....

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Zimmer tapered screw vent???

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
At that time period..,across the pond...I would venture to say that it's a Dentsply Friadent implant.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Looks close to a Zimmer, as Gru mentioned above.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
It helps to read the thread title,

This is the base of the abutment, it is an externally hexed fixture. From that time period, I would look at biohorizons. The easiest thing is to try some externally hexed analogs, or measure up the diameter of the hex and the height of the hex by making a mock putty analog inside this abutment.

Let us know more info.

Good luck

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you ream it out ,you could turn it into a Straumann bone level. ( just kidding mr Jackson)

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
I hear you 2thm8kr. :)
Unfortunately the picture has a yellow tint to it. If the abutment we are shown in the picture is actually gold colored I would second John Wilson. Ask the Dr. if the abutment interface on top of the implant is purple. This would confirm BioHorizons.

prosthotech

prosthotech

Reaction score
Ask for a bitewing radiograph of the implant in vivo. Also, please show a picture of the entire piece. What is the diamter of the screw access hole on the occlusal and on the platform sides?

Also, why is the piece in your hand?

Last edited:
Top Bottom