About my videos....

L

labdude

Reaction score
I hope to get better at doing them.
The IPC video by Nick is well set up and published. That takes a lot of time to make an appliance, and video it with that much "polish" to the video.
I sure would like to achieve that level of "polish" with my videos. I'm just new to it I hope. Bionator grinding video has my first attempts at fading in and out. Placing instructions, words and arrows, I need to figure that out yet.
For now, my videos are real time, with all the reality of a days work.
Anybody else out there have a camera? Or a video camera?
I can help to explain how to upload if you like.
Anybody else want to share??
Mike.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with video editing software or I would love to help.

How many minutes of video can you put on youtube?

L

labdude

Reaction score
So far I am limited to a 10 minute video. Might be a way to put up a longer one, I don't know yet.
Editing is an interesting thing. Software was on the computer I bought. Vista OS,4 gig mem, 500 gig drive. Dual core ...blah blah blahh....who knows.
But, that video software is easy to work with. As is the picture software. Video software is called Moviemaker. Really easy to use.
Upload of the videos to YouTube that I have done so far take a long time to upload to YouTube, like 30 minutes. Computer is completelt tied up during an upload to YouTube. I've messed around a little with it to see, alweays stops the upload.
Camera I've got is a Sony, DCR-SR45. Hard disk drive. 30 gig. 40x zoom,2000x digital zoom. Nightshot plus for low light.
It mounts nicely on a little tripod I have, and fits right into some tight spots in my work area. Camera is REAL small.

rs promotions

rs promotions

Reaction score
Keep them coming

I like your videos, they are better than some of the training videos that we have. If it wasn't for the vacuum noise, you could narrate some to describe what your doing or give helpful hints. I haven't done any video editing so I wouldn't be much help.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Ron,
Narration is possible. I just found it in the software. I can also place a few words on clips. Just need to practice.....and bring my microphone in the lab from where it is in my scope shed. I use it to talk to my 10" SCT through Sky Voice software. Really cool, and some what silly piece of software. But, nice in the dark with the computer screen shut down. I can just tell the computer something like..."M31"...and it aquires the object with the scope.
Mike.