a bar. Nothing more, nothing less.....

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I hear ya Jo. But, people smarter than I may argure with you on many cases about that.

Please, I did not come up with this idea myself for that last case, or this new One. Just following orders from "the Man".

When a famous Prosthodontist, that ownes his own Haas and radical Implant Center tells me to do this, then....I must.

He also mills his own Dentures in house!

Dr. Stephen Schmitt in TX. Stephen has milled over 200 bars in his own facility.

You can go tell him yourself. LOL

Let me how that works out for ya.

Here are some of his publications.... Your Next Smile - Socialize With Confidence

This guy is now Rocking exocad and loving it!

I have to agree with Jo Chen just as I follow a couple of guide lines here. Max. hybrids do need to touch the tissue ( seal off ) especially in the anterior
to keep saliva and food from rolling over the facial of the prosthesis. The mand. arch, some doctors or prosthodontist do prefer the prosthesis to touch the tissue slightly
with the prosthesis fabricated in a convex form buccal to lingual. Or, as with most mand. processed here. The mand. arch is approx. 2mm off the tissue with the full arch
completely convex.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, This is exactly what the Doc wanted. (Not convex)

You can argue with him on the design.

He is going to be lecturing again this year multiple times.

Maybe you will meet him? Thanks for your opinion.

Does not matter if I agree or disagree.

I don't have the power to change the Rx. :)

I do want to get paid though, so I follow orders.

I'm sure you understand that, no?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Actually, This is exactly what the Doc wanted. (Not convex)

You can argue with him on the design.

He is going to be lecturing again this year multiple times.

Maybe you will meet him? Thanks for your opinion.

Does not matter if I agree or disagree.

I don't have the power to change the Rx. :)

I do want to get paid though, so I follow orders.

I'm sure you understand that, no?

Scott,

I do understand, as I follow my work authorization forms they send. Just stating guidelines that are set here and
accepted by many of my clients. There is no argument. I believe that this is a discussion forum.

Thank you and have a great day;)

Danny

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
I hear ya Jo. But, people smarter than I may argure with you on many cases about that.

Please, I did not come up with this idea myself for that last case, or this new One. Just following orders from "the Man".

When a famous Prosthodontist, that ownes his own Haas and radical Implant Center tells me to do this, then....I must.

He also mills his own Dentures in house!

Dr. Stephen Schmitt in TX. Stephen has milled over 200 bars in his own facility.

You can go tell him yourself. LOL

Let me how that works out for ya.

Here are some of his publications.... Your Next Smile - Socialize With Confidence

This guy is now Rocking exocad and loving it!

So much pathos and aggression, why? Who cares?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, Danny. I already knew you agreed with Jo.

I can see, and read.

I see the only thing you "liked" about this thread was Joe's comment.

No need to post all about it. This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I am pretty happy with the outcome so far.

You guys are picking on the One and only thing I had no control over.

There is your answer Reqvaa!

You are welcome to comment on anything. Go for it!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, your turn. Go find a camera and post it up!

I'd love to see someone else's work.

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Looks tarnished, did you soak it in bleach?:rolleyes:

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I soaked it in bleach.

How did you know?

(Tarnished Titanium.... what an idiot remark.)

What the heck are you talking about?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Interesting design, if this guy is lecturing and advocating this design I would love to hear his arguments on why this is correct. It goes against everything I have been taught.

If he has his own mill scott and he has been doing these himself why does he need you?

Wouldn't it be more prudent for the retentive posts to be divergent from one another to have better retention of the resin? They appear conical????

Last question the interface in the pictures do not seem to be perfectly concentric, it appears there are some areas where the interface was over polished or it could be just the camera angle??? Screw some analogs on it and see.

I will say this Scott I for one am not here to bash your work, I know your new to bars and have jumped in feet first designing a milling solution from the ground up. I would imagine less than 10% of the guys in this industry would have the ability to do what you have done. With that being said there is not need for arrogance, and thin skin. We all come to this site to learn and share knowledge. If we are here only to piss in each others faces than we should consider changing the name of the network.

I think your moving is a great direction, good for you.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Yes, I soaked it in bleach.

How did you know?

(Tarnished Titanium.... what an idiot remark.)

What the heck are you talking about?

I'm saying, "don't let them see you sweat", or was it, "don't hate me because i'm beautiful." One of those old commercials.:cool:

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Lady, I still don't find anything that makes sense, or is humerous in your statement.

I try to skip commercials. LOL

Interface are Perfect John. They all do not go up in a perfect circle/tube.

Some appear to be slightly ovoid, because they are....but just above the interface.

I guess the tissue is not perfectly round after healing cap was removed, or maybe tissue was cut?

I dunno?

The Prosthodontist wanted to see my work, from my Haas.

On Tue, if he likes it, he will buy One.

It's not for me to decide what is right or wrong. I'm a Tech, not a Doc with malpractice insurance.

Dentist used a few different softwares to design with help from my employee "Lauren" on teamviewer.

Of course I may have done it different, including divergent pins if I was to design it myself... but to tell you the truth

That would have been a nightmare to mill all of those at different angles. I am sure someone will roughen-up the pins

and/or add a d1ck-head shape to the top. Maybe you did not see, but a couple already have balls on the top to create undercut.

Please go back a page and look at pics One more time. The bottom with the Black background in particular.

I can type for ears about this case, but it's the weekend and I have a headache and threw-up this morning.

Not from drinking. Maybe stress?

John, I tried to sell the Dentist Six scan markers. He only bought Three. This means he had to stitch Two or more scanning sessions together (moving the markers around the model) to make the scan-marker mesh. This is bad, but what can I do?? (Obviously I do not have the model in my office, or I would have posted pics of the frame on the model. So, no pics on the model. Sorry.)

Also, I recommended a more expensive Steinbichler scanner, but he choose the Medit? He has more scanners in his facility. We had great success with the Medit, but the steinbichler is just a bit more accurate.

Dr Schmitt also mills Dentures and other prosthesis. He askes me very little questions and seems to know everything I do and more about machines and software, etc..

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
Sorry Lady, I still don't find anything that makes sense, or is humerous in your statement.

I try to skip commercials. LOL

Interface are Perfect John. They all do not go up in a perfect circle/tube.

Some appear to be slightly ovoid, because they are....but just above the interface.

I guess the tissue is not perfectly round after healing cap was removed, or maybe tissue was cut?

I dunno?

The Prosthodontist wanted to see my work, from my Haas.

On Tue, if he likes it, he will buy One.

It's not for me to decide what is right or wrong. I'm a Tech, not a Doc with malpractice insurance.

Dentist used a few different softwares to design with help from my employee "Lauren" on teamviewer.

Of course I may have done it different, including divergent pins if I was to design it myself... but to tell you the truth

That would have been a nightmare to mill all of those at different angles. I am sure someone will roughen-up the pins

and/or add a d1ck-head shape to the top. Maybe you did not see, but a couple already have balls on the top to create undercut.

Please go back a page and look at pics One more time. The bottom with the Black background in particular.

I can type for ears about this case, but it's the weekend and I have a headache and threw-up this morning.

Not from drinking. Maybe stress?

John, I tried to sell the Dentist Six scan markers. He only bought Three. This means he had to stitch Two or more scanning sessions together (moving the markers around the model) to make the scan-marker mesh. This is bad, but what can I do?? (Obviously I do not have the model in my office, or I would have posted pics of the frame on the model. So, no pics on the model. Sorry.)

Also, I recommended a more expensive Steinbichler scanner, but he choose the Medit? He has more scanners in his facility. We had great success with the Medit, but the steinbichler is just a bit more accurate.

Dr Schmitt also mills Dentures and other prosthesis. He askes me very little questions and seems to know everything I do and more about machines and software, etc..

I feel for you..... we do what we are asked/told ! Not part of a team approach ! I get this every day and its difficult !

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Trust me *** I have my own problems around here as does everyone else, I used what I thought was being light hearted to say don't be so thin skinned, you got to show self confidence if you want to swim with the big fishies.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

If you were trying to be funny.....I don't get it.

If you were trying to convey a reasonable thought, it didn't work.

I'm fairly confident in all I do. Otherwise, I would not be here posting and 1/2 bragging about my work.

Do you know any fish, big or small that have done what I have done? I'd say out of thousands of thousands of techs....MAYBE Five or Six in North America could do what I have done. John thinks it's 10%....I say it's more like 0.01% after seeing around 80 of the largest labs across the US. I have not meet One person who could hang with me and do what I have done, but I know a few must exist at Glidewell or somewhere??

So, I'd say a problem with confidence is a wrong assesment of me. Quite the opposite.
I'm very hard-headed and stubborn, full of confidence. You see?

Maybe you feel inferior and need a confidence booster yourself, and you are just projecting your own feelings/fears to other people? Every consider that?

Scott

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Hey, I ride the confidence line with every case i do, I'm only as confident as my last case. You have potential for sure, but to give an example, you don't see Mr. Glidewell on here arguing and discussing cases, he has "people" for that. That level of leadership quality takes a certain personna. This is not personal, I'm giving you advice from my nearly 30 years in dentistry and it's on it's "for what it's worth" basis.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Scott your work is amazing, if someone needs more PMMA retention roughen it up or laser a ti retention wire WTH. but on your
note I hope you do have some malpractice if only to pay for an attorney to put the blame back where it belongs. In my Sebrite "Hartford" policy it is a standard rider. listed as professional liability with the product liability they told me 2mil was standard to have.
By any chance while building that new place did you forget to get a flu shot? H3N2 (AH3) & H1N1 are making their ugly appearance big time this year. CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Weekly Report: Influenza Summary Update
Maybe Arressa can hook ya up to an IV ringers solution with some B12, get ya hydrated & feeling better quickly.or maybe you have a revive http://www.revivechicago.com/who-revives.shtml
flu symptom: fever cough sore throat runny or stuffy nose body aches headache chills fatigue sometimes diarrhea and vomiting

Last edited:
K

Kris S.

Reaction score
Those first two bars look great. Wink Wink. Thanks for posting Scott.

R

reqvaa

Reaction score
Do you know any fish, big or small that have done what I have done? I'd say out of thousands of thousands of techs....MAYBE Five or Six in North America could do what I have done. John thinks it's 10%....I say it's more like 0.01% after seeing around 80 of the largest labs across the US. I have not meet One person who could hang with me and do what I have done, but I know a few must exist at Glidewell or somewhere??

I am not scoffing, but what is the actual difficulty of that job?
What makes you the one and only - "who can", maybe I do not understand some that small features?
Just interesting.
btw. Care for yourself, dude.
btw2. you can PM me with the answer if you want.

Last edited:
Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
Scott, I'm going to throw my 5 cents in (maybe 25 cents to account for inflation and new taxes). The way you milled that bar and the way Dr. Schmitt (whom I met at your place during training) wanted to do it is the way I've been doing it for years and years. The concept of the convex tissue surface is great in theory but in actuality it's a bigger food trap than the design of the bar you milled and that I prefer. When you have a convex tissue surface, the buccal aspect of that surface forms a V notch shape with the buccal side of the ridge that is going in the opposite direction. For example on the lower, the buccal surface of the denture is curving up towards the incisal and the tissue is going down towards the vestibule. Often we technicians tend to follow trends and teachings without really giving it too much thought or questioning them. Patient can clean those bars perfectly well with profi brushes and floss. Besides, there's a regular recall visit to the dentist anyway.
The retentive struts that you milled are more than adequate for the retention and reinforcement of the teeth and the acrylic resin. It won't make a dime of difference if they have a nail head shape or not.
Again, I'm just talking from 37 years in this crazy thing we call dental technology. People need to relax, chill out and get off your butt. It's ok to make a constructive comment or criticism but when they get to focusing on stupid little insignificant details then it just shows lack of capacity to see the forest when focusing on the trees.
Keep up the good work Scott.
Dan
PS: I love the bar you milled in orange that says General Lee on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom