6 unit bridge advice

E

Eficko

Reaction score
hi

I just wanted people thoughts on how they would do a 6 unit fixed bridge.

Patient has the LL3 and LL8 and cant afford implants and doesnt want a denture. Dentist is suggesting a crowns on the LL3 AND LL8 with a dovetail slot in and then a bridge made 4567, so this will act as stress relievers.

sounds abit of a complicated way to me.

Just wanted to know what others would do with this?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
What else were you thinking?
a stress breaker isn't a bad idea just a little bit more painful to wax.

D

Dental Guy

Reaction score
Why a stress breaker on both abutments? The stress breaker is a great idea if the path of insertion is not correct or if there is a intermediate abutment creating a fulcrum, but I don't see much of an advantage having stress breakers on two seperate abutment teeth, I am assuming the 6 unit posterior bridge is a pfm, if so there is going to be a certain amount of torque on the ceramics and the stress breakers need to be thick to withstand the posterior biting forces. The best solution with this is a single 6-unit bridge unless there is a path of insertion issue.

C

charles007

Reaction score
The only advice, 2 crowns and a partial, or at least one implant on #6 for a bridge.
#3 and 8 for a bridge... not even funny...

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
id be making a judgement on the health of the abutments also. if they look small, or unstable maybe mention it to the dentist. if they decide to push on i would be putting 1 upside down stress breaker off the 3. there will be too much stress if you dont have an attachment over that length, especially with a 3.

let us know what you end up doing.

E

Eficko

Reaction score
Why a stress breaker on both abutments? The stress breaker is a great idea if the path of insertion is not correct or if there is a intermediate abutment creating a fulcrum, but I don't see much of an advantage having stress breakers on two seperate abutment teeth, I am assuming the 6 unit posterior bridge is a pfm, if so there is going to be a certain amount of torque on the ceramics and the stress breakers need to be thick to withstand the posterior biting forces. The best solution with this is a single 6-unit bridge unless there is a path of insertion issue.

yea its pfm. a 6unit bridge with the is surely asking for trouble?

I think its must have a stress breaker in it, but doesn't need 2.

E

Eficko

Reaction score
id be making a judgement on the health of the abutments also. if they look small, or unstable maybe mention it to the dentist. if they decide to push on i would be putting 1 upside down stress breaker off the 3. there will be too much stress if you dont have an attachment over that length, especially with a 3.

let us know what you end up doing.

Yea i agree with you. I haven't seen anything yet, dentist just emailed me last night about it and wanted my thoughts before he sees patient next week, and decides on the treatment plan. I think upside down breaker is best option off the 3.

Top Bottom