3shape + ortho system = clear aligners?

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Hi guys, somebody work with that chain ? is there any diferrence between D700 and R700 scaners ? is are enough to have only 3shape scaner and orthosystem for making set of few aligners by milling set of models ? is the orthosystem produce step by step set-up models in stl ?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
r700=d700
You can move the teeth in the ortho software (after 2008),divide the movements into treatments, then output the STL for each model, print, suck down.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
r700=d700
You can move the teeth in the ortho software (after 2008),divide the movements into treatments, then output the STL for each model, print, suck down.

sounds good,
but somebody really do this ? is there printed model enough precise for suck down aligner ?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Yes, you can make aligners, but you would probably be breaking the law since it's patented technology, and there are disclaimers in the ortho software before you do anything stating this. Good luck.

S

Sherif kandil

Reaction score
Using R700 in a Clear Aligner fabrication system

Vazone,

I am in the process of doing the same steps you are into right now, I bought the R700, it is still to be shipped, but in the mean time, I am searching for best methods to make prototypes, from milling machines and 3d printers.
I am contacting several service centers providing these kinda services.
Email me on [email protected], I will be more than glad to help you with what I have reached till now.
What I think of the R700 or 3shape scanners, is that it is great concerning the scanning functions, but when it comes to the orthoanalyzer software, I think it still lacks some options, as when I took a look at the Maestro3D options for Clear Aligner fabrication, I found Maestro3D more professional for Clear Aligners than the OrthoAnalyzer presented by 3shape.
btw there is a company from UK fabricating Clear ALigners using the R700 and Objet printers, I guess they are very happy about their system of manufacturing :)
Keep me updated let's exchange some mutual experiences or ideas.
btw I am located outside USA

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Nice to meet you! I'm also not from US. don't you know type of objet printer? Somebody know, is it enough to have objet30 printer with 28 micron layer thickness? are that enogh precise for making models?
by the way, can someone inform about prices for composites and aproximal price of one printed model ?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Look into the new 3D Systems MP3000 model printer. At under $70k it's a better option than the Objet, quality and cost wise.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Look into the new 3D Systems MP3000 model printer. At under $70k it's a better option than the Objet, quality and cost wise.

objet costs near 30.000

V

Valerie

Reaction score
3Shape Ortho

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about the 3shape ortho system: are you guys using it and are there any pro's con's with the module? Are you able to make appliances with it? How do you like it? Looking into adding the ortho module to our existing D700...

S

Sune

Reaction score
No way..

[YOUTUBE]aQ5eHZubs9U[/YOUTUBE]

Yes way! I think I will try and compete with them...

...or just offer it as a service for my customers, and outsource my few (SLS) models to a milling center.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a few questions about the 3shape ortho system: are you guys using it and are there any pro's con's with the module? Are you able to make appliances with it? How do you like it? Looking into adding the ortho module to our existing D700...

No appliance designs yet but it's coming soon. Right now it's strictly measuring, analysis and virtual tooth movement.

V

Valerie

Reaction score
Do you find the module to be quite helpful with the measuring, ortho analysis, and virtual tooth movements? Do you find it to be accurate and less time comsuming?

neila

neila

Reaction score
I disagree with that. We have 2 Projets and 2 Objet Eden 260V's. The 3-D machines were down 12 times last year, and one has just been put into service again this year, it was down from Dec. The Objets are yet to go down in more than a year. The Objets produce models that are perfect for Orthodontic applications and we are starting to use it for some Crown and Bridge model applications, I would not do copings or full contour with it. The material costs are way cheaper for the Objet The Projets are for partials and Crown and Bridge and the material costs are ridiculous. My 2 cents worth :)

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Neila,,,,are you guys using the "model builder" software from 3shape?

if so what scanner are you currently using... is it easy to add articulation to the models...

thanks

S

Sherif kandil

Reaction score
I am about to get a 3D printer to use it in dental services whether orthodontic or crown and bridge, my hesitation was whether to go for 3D system machines or to go for Objet, till now, I find Objet way much better at the machine integrity and also the material prices, thus helps to reduce the cost of your appliances. Plus I like about the Objet is the rapid prototyping, it is really fast.
If anyone has tried the 3D systems and has any good experience with it, please let me know, because I don't have sufficient info about it.

Thanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
if youre not using orthoanalyer to make invisalign style printed models.. what are you selling to the Dr with it? You can analyze the model, but can you give them a printed report etc.. Im new to the software, still reading the manual.. Although Im sure you can, what are you charging the Dr for? How much do you charge, for analysis all the way to aligner? Im not an ortho lab, but looking into using this as an in-house lab.. :) What is the real benefit of this software analysis to the Dr, other than maybe accuracy, ease of use... etc.

Next question would be, and I am still searching the forum for the answer.. but what thermoform material are you using to make the appliance.. any techniques for the printed model? cool spray?

Top Bottom