3Shape open interface dongle for Cerec

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Looking for a 3Shape open interface dongle. They are on backorder from Sirona. Anybody have one they are willing to part with?

K

kmgold1234

www.dess-usa.com
Reaction score
Can you tell me more about the dongle- what does it actually do and what is the price and is this for their latest software

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Keith, it allows you to accept STL files into the Cerec software and export those files to the MCXL mill.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Um arent you the guy bashing this site for dealing in dongles without the manufacturer... And now youre trying to buy one?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Keith, it allows you to accept STL files into the Cerec software and export those files to the MCXL mill.

when did they start doing this again? sounds like you feel the sirona set up can't get the job done? (disclaimer, I am super duper anti-Obama I mean Sirona)
Please share some details, if we can use our 3 shape designs maybe I'll dust off the fossil (MCXL)

P

PinAn

Reaction score
Part of CNC company was selling the program ,
let cerec file transform to STL.
so they might be have STL transform to cerec

btw the cerec file transform to STL wasn't good enought

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Part of CNC company was selling the program ,
let cerec file transform to STL.
so they might be have STL transform to cerec

btw the cerec file transform to STL wasn't good enought

The only 3Shape/Sirona dongle option was to scan using the 3Shape and export a 3si sirona compatible file to be designed in their design software. That and importing Cerec AC scans into the 3Shape to be designed there. I'm not aware of any modules to design in 3Shape and mill on the MCXL...unless they just came out with that????

View attachment Import of Sirona Cerec and inLab scans into 3Shape Dental System_docx.pdf

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hey Mark I was just talking to someone about this, and I was told they no longer make them. The only thing you need is a cerac scanner and a 3shape.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Hey Mark I was just talking to someone about this, and I was told they no longer make them. The only thing you need is a cerac scanner and a 3shape.

Pretty sure it's still available. I know a lab who just got this maybe 2 months ago?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Um arent you the guy bashing this site for dealing in dongles without the manufacturer... And now youre trying to buy one?

Nope, there is nothing wrong with being a second hand dongle. They were widely available, but have been discontinued/backordered and no longer for sale, though I keep hearing about people getting hold of them. I even tried an overseas contact with no luck. Somebody has one, I just need to find it.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
yes but how do you know youre not buying a copied dongle? there are hundreds out there

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You mean like a repressed dongle?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
cant see the point when you can only import the model scan.

you still have to do the design with the craplab software (even 4.0 is years behind exo and 3shape) so whats the point.

adding support for sum3d to mill directly to an MCXL is a couple of days work so im told, they just need enough people interested in buying the cam to bother adding support.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
cant see the point when you can only import the model scan.

you still have to do the design with the craplab software (even 4.0 is years behind exo and 3shape) so whats the point.

adding support for sum3d to mill directly to an MCXL is a couple of days work so im told, they just need enough people interested in buying the cam to bother adding support.

Accepting Cerec AC scans and milling in emax.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PinAn

Reaction score
Nope, there is nothing wrong with being a second hand dongle. They were widely available, but have been discontinued/backordered and no longer for sale, though I keep hearing about people getting hold of them. I even tried an overseas contact with no luck. Somebody has one, I just need to find it.

u mean like 3shape can export the lava file?
did u try to tell US 3shape open your cerec competence?
cuz when i have lava. then i was informed can export file in 3 shape

so maybe cerec can do that too ?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
u mean like 3shape can export the lava file?
did u try to tell US 3shape open your cerec competence?
cuz when i have lava. then i was informed can export file in 3 shape

so maybe cerec can do that too ?

Although both are 'closed', Lava and CEREC are completely different and Sirona will try to suck as much money from you as possible so it's not exactly like the Lava options for 3Shape.