3Shape Margin Lines are not saved!

L

leontes

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm a dentist from Turkey. As i'm not a native speaker, sorry for my English.
I'm using 3shape design studio for 1 year.

My problem is, for example, we design 10 units of crowns. We make all steps and finish the design. We saved every steps. Even .stl files are created.
At this stage, we create 3d printed temporaries and check the design. If we want to make some changes, we return to 3shape and open the file again.
Everything is saved, but the margins of some teeth, sometimes all teeths' are not saved. So we have to select margins again and when we proceed to the last stage, all the design came as saved. But we lost time by re-selecting margins.

Is anybody having the same issues?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what version of 3shape are you using

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
This might not help solve the problem, but could help with identifying where the problem is.

I have found on some of the newer 3Shapes that it loses the insertion direction and then it will often reload the next steps wrong. So you might note if it only happens on cases that you had to make an insertion direction change.

If this is the case one thing I have found to be helpful is if 3Shape gets the insertion direction wrong, change the green points and have 3Shape calculate rather than manually changing the direction. I find that 3Shape will save the green points and calculate it off that better than it will save a manually set insertion direction.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm a dentist from Turkey. As i'm not a native speaker, sorry for my English.
I'm using 3shape design studio for 1 year.

My problem is, for example, we design 10 units of crowns. We make all steps and finish the design. We saved every steps. Even .stl files are created.
At this stage, we create 3d printed temporaries and check the design. If we want to make some changes, we return to 3shape and open the file again.
Everything is saved, but the margins of some teeth, sometimes all teeths' are not saved. So we have to select margins again and when we proceed to the last stage, all the design came as saved. But we lost time by re-selecting margins.

Is anybody having the same issues?
Design Studio is not Dental Manager which most 3 shape labs use.

L

leontes

Reaction score
No I use Dental Manager 2020 laboratory software. I m sorry, i wrote wrong on the first message.

I think you are right, when my assistant designs, we get this error with more teeth. I think he changes insertation directions more than me. Tomorrow I try this.

Top Bottom