3shape Dental System and ATLANTIS Scan Upload

C

Cosmodent

Reaction score
Hi!

Could someone please explain how to export implant case scans from 3shape Dental System 2014 (premium, v. 2.9.9.3) to STL files which can be used for uploading with ATLANTIS Scan Upload software?

What are prerequisites concerning 3shape Dental System setup etc?

Thanks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when last i used Atlantis it was configured in the 3shape control panel, to allow the case to be sent to atlantis directly after scanning. all self contained.

C

Cosmodent

Reaction score
Yes, you're right. But that's not what I wan't. By using that "built-in" feature, scans are sent to Atlantis web order directly into only one user account. If you wan't to do only scan service (i.e. 3shape scanner in dental lab) for different dentists, than you need to scan models and send STL files to dentist who will upload them to Atlantis web order using stand alone Atlantis scan upload software (only STL files are suported).

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
You need to buy Atlantis scan bodies and call them to set up your 3shape with a DCM file. From then on everything is built in to the scanner as coolhandluke wrote.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, you're right. But that's not what I wan't. By using that "built-in" feature, scans are sent to Atlantis web order directly into only one user account. If you wan't to do only scan service (i.e. 3shape scanner in dental lab) for different dentists, than you need to scan models and send STL files to dentist who will upload them to Atlantis web order using stand alone Atlantis scan upload software (only STL files are suported).
in that case you can enable stl scan output from your scanner. call your 3shape provider to enable the change. then just send the scans via email or other web portal. seems very roundabout way of approaching atlantis custom abutments though.

could probably make it easier by asking atlantis to create a solution for multiple accounts for you.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
in that case you can enable stl scan output from your scanner. call your 3shape provider to enable the change. then just send the scans via email or other web portal. seems very roundabout way of approaching atlantis custom abutments though.

could probably make it easier by asking atlantis to create a solution for multiple accounts for you.
Could you go in and enable the .stl export in scan server, then pull the files from the scan folder? Then just send those files to the doctor?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
isn't that what i said ?

C

Cosmodent

Reaction score
OK. :)

I have Atlantis FLO, and I have scans of:
1. model with gingival mask
2. model without gingival mask with FLO in implant analog
3. antagonist model

There is no implant abutment design done, because it will be done by ATLANTIS Team.
I just need these three STL files which will be uploaded to ATLANTIS using stand alone software called ATLANTIS Scan Upload.

If someone is willing to check did I do scan work fine, I could send scans output in DCM format (aprox. 7 MB)
I would also appreciate if someone could import these DCM files and export them as STL.

Thanks.

Top Bottom