3shape D710/D810

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new scanner in the near future, either the 3Shape D810 or D710.
I'm in Australia.
What are they selling for in your neck of the woods? Especially interested in uk sales as my parents are just about to move out here. Might save me some money if they are cheap there in Blighty!

Thanks in advance

Love this place :D

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I have a 710, and picked it up for $32k with the abut designer. I wouldn't get it again, as the multi die plate never worked we'll for me. POS in my opinion. Get the 800 and call it a day.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am on the other end I like the Multi die in my 810, not sure if anything changed in this model but it works fast and accurately.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
QUOTE=JohnWilson;86591]I am on the other end I like the Multi die in my 810, not sure if anything changed in this model but it works fast and accurately.[/QUOTE]

Hi John

You use 3shape software with the annual fee, or exocad that is free? Or am i wrong, not sure what the difference is.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
I would say the multi die I okay on 3shape when I works way slower than true multi die scanning but out of three 810s I have only one that works. And I'm not talking minor glitches once in a while, that's the one that works. The rest straight up can't scan anything multidie related.

Last edited:
DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
Bumfrey, great to hear about you interest in 3Shape.

Before you decide to purchase your hardware it's essential to ensure the associated software, interfaces and libraries are compatible with the manufacturing options you would like to pursue.
Although the hardware is the same around the globe the software and interfaces depends on the re-seller of the system.

I would recommend to thoroughly review your intended usage of the system:

- In-house manufacturing? (Need for CAM, integration and machine support)
- Outsourced manufacturing? (Integration support, provision of material files and implant libraries for the manufacturers of choice)
- Indications? (Need for extra software modules e.g. Abutment, Implant Bridges and Bars, Removables, Ortho)
- Software support? (Continued access to latest software release, technical support during local office hours)
- Training and Education?

Apart from the price, do not forget to consider ongoing costs and access to local technical support and continued training and education.
This is not always a "plug-and-play" solution especially if you are looking at multiple manufacturing options from different suppliers.

www.dentalaxess.com

Last edited:
Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Bumfrey, great to hear about you interest in 3Shape.

Before you decide to purchase your hardware it's essential to ensure the associated software, interfaces and libraries are compatible with the manufacturing options you would like to pursue.
Although the hardware is the same around the globe the software and interfaces depends on the re-seller of the system.

I would recommend to thoroughly review your intended usage of the system:

- In-house manufacturing? (Need for CAM, integration and machine support)
- Outsourced manufacturing? (Integration support, provision of material files and implant libraries for the manufacturers of choice)
- Indications? (Need for extra software modules e.g. Abutment, Implant Bridges and Bars, Removables, Ortho)
- Software support? (Continued access to latest software release, technical support during local office hours)
- Training and Education?

Apart from the price, do not forget to consider ongoing costs and access to local technical support and continued training and education.
This is not always a "plug-and-play" solution especially if you are looking at multiple manufacturing options from different suppliers.

Dental Axess

Thanks for the info.
From what i have seen so far Zfx has the most obvious solution with an open scanner for 20k. Uses Exocad so no ongoing fees.
They will support me with hardware software, and a replacement unit next day if i have any problems.
They also sell a milling unit for in-house that sounds 'ok' as its only 4-axis. But i will only need it for Wax milling, PMMA, and Zr single copings/small bridges.
Any updates in software is free, as its in their interest for us to get what we need and continue to use them - implants - large bridgework.
I'm kinda sold but will do a lot more research over Christmas before a go ahead and buy.

Thanks again for your input its so difficult to know which way to go. Best equipment - Direction of market in future - Competition in from china etc
All input helps.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Which scanner is Zfx selling now? Can you output implant interfaces to cams like Dentmill with their scanner?
I haven't played with their scanner or software yet.
keep us in the loop mate.

cumino

cumino

Reaction score
Yes, let us know how you get on if you get the Zfx

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
From what i have seen so far Zfx has the most obvious solution with an open scanner for 20k. Uses Exocad so no ongoing fees.
They will support me with hardware software, and a replacement unit next day if i have any problems.
They also sell a milling unit for in-house that sounds 'ok' as its only 4-axis. But i will only need it for Wax milling, PMMA, and Zr single copings/small bridges.
Any updates in software is free, as its in their interest for us to get what we need and continue to use them - implants - large bridgework.
I'm kinda sold but will do a lot more research over Christmas before a go ahead and buy.

Thanks again for your input its so difficult to know which way to go. Best equipment - Direction of market in future - Competition in from china etc
All input helps.

Zfx and Exocad is an obvious choice if you intend to only work with Zfx in the future as a manufacturer/machine supplier since they will always support you with their manufacturing. But be aware of the definition of "open" which seems to have as many interpretations as suppliers in the market.

The issue arises when you are interested in working with a 3rd party manufacturer through your "open" system.
Since you are purchasing from a manufacturer, it's not normally in their interest to facilitate work going to their competitor hence, do you receive comprehensive software and integration support independent of your choice of manufacturer?
Will the supplier liaise with their competitor and keep their material files and libraries "on file" and assist you with the integration?

As Labwa already pointed out, will the supplier provide you with an implant library compatible with 3rd party manufacturers or can it only be used with their manufacturing (geometries hidden)?

And as have been pointed out previously on this forum, Exocad is only free as long as you choose not to upgrade your software. Each software upgrade has a cost and as you could appreciate the major players in this market (3Shape, Dental Wings and Exocad) are all software companies, not manufactures, hence there has to be an ongoing revenue stream to develop the system, some has an annual fee others charge for upgrades.

Zfx is an excellent manufacturer and are also a partner of ours, the point is just to make sure you do your research around the topic "open" to avoid future surprises.
Finally as with any larger purchase...ask for references...maybe even spend a day with a lab using the system you intending to buy?

Last edited:
PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Zfx will be exclusively distributed by Zimmer dental here in the USA, and Zimmer will also control the pricing structure. It will be a closed system here for us, so I think you folks outside the US will have a different view of the Zfx ecosystem. From what I have seen at a pre-launch event, Im not too excited about the options available to us, Nor do I think the pricing will be competitive... The scanner and software look promising through... ;)

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Scanning of opposing jaws, squash bite, crowns and inlays
Scan of a model in occlusion
Intuitive user interface
Easy-to-operate application software, open data interface, output in STL format
25% time saving towards other systems
Accuracy +/- 5 µm
2-camera technology
Abutment designer
Dimensions (w x d x h): 220 x 420 x 340mm
Weight: 12kg
1-year warranty
Certification: CE, UL

ZFX Scan III scanner

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Zfx Evolution scanner. (New scanner)

Number of cameras: 2
Resolution: 1,296 x 964 pixels
Camera sensor system: s/w, CCD, USB
Light source: 25 Watt LED (green)
Number of projected line pairs: 128
Positioning unit: 2 axis (swiveling and rotating)
Minimum measurement time: 980ms
Scan time single stump: 20 s
Scan time per model: 1.2 min
Scan accuracy: < 9µm per solid (measurement in accordance with VDI, the European laboratory and field validation test procedures)
Dimensions (w x h x l): 320 x 434 x 477 mm
Weight: 22 kg
Power supply: AC 110 / 220 Volt, 50 - 60 Hz

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I would go and get a scanner and exocad from a company that does not mill.
Then you can get zfx to accept your files anyway(or anyone else for that matter) without much hassle.
probably wont be far off the price but at least you know everyone will be a bit more eager to help since all the milling centres are vying for your work.
As for the 4 axis mill...dont.
You will have 5 axis table tops coming out next year that will be the same price.
you will regret not having the 5 axis once you start playing with angled abutments and implant bridges. etc.
5+- micron one the zfx III? wow. maybe if it was bolted to the floor.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I would go and get a scanner and exocad from a company that does not mill.
Then you can get zfx to accept your files anyway(or anyone else for that matter) without much hassle.
probably wont be far off the price but at least you know everyone will be a bit more eager to help since all the milling centres are vying for your work.
As for the 4 axis mill...dont.
You will have 5 axis table tops coming out next year that will be the same price.
you will regret not having the 5 axis once you start playing with angled abutments and implant bridges. etc.
5+- micron one the zfx III? wow. maybe if it was bolted to the floor.

I will get me spanner out then. ;P

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
ok so the scan III scanner arrived today. We scanned a few cases, designed them in exocad. VERY VERY EASY. First impression is that exocad with NO yearly fee was the right choice.
Scanner is easy to use and scanned fairly fast. I have nothing to compare against, but i am more than happy what what i have seen so far.

Next will be the milling machine. Roland DWX-50 or the ZFX milling.
Roland 57k with everything i need (3SUM)
ZFX 35k with everything i need (not 3SUM but same CAM as ZFX use so it must work right?)
Any input is always welcome.
WORD

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Check out the imes Icore machines. Especially the 240i;)