3shape Communicate

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues?
I have a case that was sent yesterday. Dental Manager can't seem to find the case.
This happens quite a bit with some cases. Is this a common thing with Dental Manager?

The 3shape app and the web portal see the case right away. It's just Dental Manager that cant seem to find it.

W

Willard

Reaction score
Do you mean don’t come to the commuicate inbox? I have that happen weekly.
I accept them through the portal then refresh the communicate inbox. Usually come through then. If not you can go to settings and back date communicate a day.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah exactly what I mean.
It will be hours that pass before the case is in the Trios inbox.

And if it does show up it goes to an invalid folder sometimes with no scans.
Just some unusable files.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I have the same issue at times, you would think they would be working on making this better with the fee I pay for the license yearly? It'll get worse before better as they just keep selling the scanners as fast as they can. I have had to back date to retrieve case work and called offices as the case comes through invalid? Frustrating to the point I no longer recommend their scanner. My 2 cents

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Hello all,
3Shape Communicate can definitely be a bit....finicky. The server is located in Denmark, which causes a lot of problems. If a case comes through that isn't "up-to-date," invalid, etc., I typically will delete it and do an advanced download using the case ID. This will usually fix the issue. If the advanced download doesn't work the first time, try it a second time. Also, check to make sure your 3Shape Communicate service is running. I've encountered an issue with Windows 10, particularly in the most recent updates, that disables the service. Go into task manager, click the services tab, at the bottom of the window, click the services button which opens the actual services application. Make sure 3Shape Communicate service is running. Hope this helps!

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Thanks. Can you share the details on how to download the case with the case id?

I will check the permissions in windows 10. Could be an issue as well.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Thanks. Can you share the details on how to download the case with the case id?

I will check the permissions in windows 10. Could be an issue as well.
If you go into your 3Shape Communicate portal in your web browser, navigate to your case, and in the little information window there will be a long string of character labelled "Case ID." Copy that, go to your 3Shape communicate inbox and click the Advanced download button on your upper toolbar. Paste in the case ID and then click receive. You may need to do this a couple times, deleting the order in between downloads if it didn't download properly.

R

Remote

Reaction score
If you go into your 3Shape Communicate portal in your web browser, navigate to your case, and in the little information window there will be a long string of character labelled "Case ID." Copy that, go to your 3Shape communicate inbox and click the Advanced download button on your upper toolbar. Paste in the case ID and then click receive. You may need to do this a couple times, deleting the order in between downloads if it didn't download properly.
You are the best, thank you so much you saved me a couple of hours struggling with this info. Thanks!