3 Shape Atlantis Beta is here

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Just got everything setup to start doing the beta test with the 3 shape scanner for our Atlantis cases. Haven't run into any bugs yet and extremely fast compared to the Dental Wings.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Did they supply scan locators?

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
We were currently using the FLO kit for our Dental Wings and it uses the same kit for 3 shape.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
was it a .dme import? can you design implant bridges with it?

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Yes it was a .dme import for the FLO kit into the software. You still have to send the files to Atlantis for the abutment design.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
so there is no control over the design? is there a discount attached for the scanning yourself?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Yes, you save 10$ on the scan and 5$ on the shipping plus you save a day on the turnaround time. Once they design the abutment to the specifications you give them, you are able to edit the design on a 3d virtual model. It works really well.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Through the software you are not able to control the design. But once they have received the files and designed it they allow you to log into the weborder and make the changes through the 3d software. Its a great service and allows for a quicker turn around time.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
do they say d800 is a minimum requirement or will they do bridges on d700?

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
do they say d800 is a minimum requirement or will they do bridges on d700?

Atlantis only offers single abutments (cement or screw retained) at this stage

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
I'm about to say $crew Atlantis. Unless you're doing a crazy amount of abutments you are getting hosed on the price!! Under 20 abutments a month $215 for Ti, $265 for gold hued, $285 for Zr, and if you do zr crown design $328!! I'd rather send to glidewell at those prices! Or start offering our own. Soon Dr will start leaving labs if the cost of these implants can't be lowered. You know the best part is for years are Astra rep has tried to get my Straumann implants but since I have an Etkon scanner I do my own. If I were to send to Astra I'd lose $100 per implant. I get $150 fir Ti and $205 for zr even screw retained style. Astra is a rip off

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Like everything else going digital. Prices will definitely come down as more facilities start to manufacture abutmemts. If Atlantis does not reevaluate pricing they are likely to loose market share.
Bob

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Waste of $$.

BIG $$!

Why bother if no room for profit??

Top Bottom